Faraday Future Car Malfunctions During Reveal

Of course, it just sat there, the car's AI was thinking, "Park? You want me to park? I am parked! Fool, stop pushing my buttons."
That's exactly what I was thinking. It was probably in cat mode and just said " park it yourself, I am lazy at the moment. "

"I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that."

Of course, it could be as simple as a $5 button failure. I wonder about the wisdom of putting a button on the outside of a vehicle that tells the vehicle to move with no one inside.

It would've been awesome if, right when they posed to take a picture, the car would've started up and gone to park elsewhere.

I pissed myself when someone in the audience yelled 'hadaHong Bae' lmfao!!!!

I don't know anything about the car or the company as this is my first time seeing them. However a bug in a pre-production vehicle doesn't exactly surprise me. Sure it is embarrassing in the moment, but doesn't really mean much.

So I'm watching this thing and I'm zoning out because of buzz words, buzzwords, mantra, barf!

I keep thinking in my head, "come on get on with the show Apple."

Also no one will read all the comments before watching but what you're looking for it around 1 hour and 12 minutes. Not the first parking demo

Last edited:
You still lost me. o_O I do not see any autonomous Mustangs there. Also, I could just as easily post video of people doing stupid things in Camaro's, that still do not mean anything.
It's a running joke that inexperienced drivers buy Mustangs (because they are cheap and have lots of horsepower) and drive them into crowds. You could spend hours watching all the fails on YouTube. Not saying that it doesn't happen to Camaro or Corvette owners too, the joke is just about mustang drivers.

Someone just got banished to Foxconn for that debacle. Probably making an iPhone right now.

You still lost me. o_O I do not see any autonomous Mustangs there. Also, I could just as easily post video of people doing stupid things in Camaro's, that still do not mean anything.

I take it you're a mustang owner.

They do have a history of being the affordable muscle car for stupid kids.

I take it you're a mustang owner.

They do have a history of being the affordable muscle car for stupid kids.

I would be more than happy to own a Mustang but, I have a really good car already in my 2015 Dodge Dart. :) I basically do not give to bits about stupid run on jokes, which is why I did not understand what one has to do with the other anyways.

Let's turn off TCS in this high output V8 and goose it in front of hundreds of people for the LOLs. Sounds like a great idea to me.

I'm a Mustang owner and found it hilarious :cool:.

Early in the C6-Z06 production they had problems with the Z06's spinning out of control even with the TCS on. The last three steps of assembly are 1) Wheel alignment 2) Dyno test 3) Drive outside on a mini track as it heads to the "hold lot". On step 3 they crashed a couple of the Z06's because they spun out of control because there was so much torque. They have since then readjusted the tcs. But as a rule of thumb:
1) Never stomp the gas if you aren't pointing straight
2) Never stomp the gas in a cramped area until you know how your car behaves. And I mean "have a lot of practice in an open area." A simple temperature difference of 10F can mean your car tires handle like crap.
3) If you want to do that kind of "driving", do it on a controlled lot like the SCCA events.

I used to see how far I pushed the lateral G on the skid pad. The C6 had a lateral G sensor in the heads up and I slowly pushed it to .92 (which is spec) to see how she handled. If I went too far above that, I knew I could kiss my ass goodbye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Early in the C6-Z06 production they had problems with the Z06's spinning out of control even with the TCS on. The last three steps of assembly are 1) Wheel alignment 2) Dyno test 3) Drive outside on a mini track as it heads to the "hold lot". On step 3 they crashed a couple of the Z06's because they spun out of control because there was so much torque. They have since then readjusted the tcs. But as a rule of thumb:
1) Never stomp the gas if you aren't pointing straight
2) Never stomp the gas in a cramped area until you know how your car behaves. And I mean "have a lot of practice in an open area." A simple temperature difference of 10F can mean your car tires handle like crap.
3) If you want to do that kind of "driving", do it on a controlled lot like the SCCA events.

I used to see how far I pushed the lateral G on the skid pad. The C6 had a lateral G sensor in the heads up and I slowly pushed it to .92 (which is spec) to see how she handled. If I went too far above that, I knew I could kiss my ass goodbye.
True. The TCS in my '14 is a lot more lenient than my '07 (which was oppressive by comparison). On cold tires even with my 275s out back now it will wiggle all the way up through 1st.

So this Faraday Future FF91 is supposed to have a 0-60 rating of 2.39 seconds. ;) Video is still hatching so might want to wait for the 4K to process.

Get with the times, this here is the future.

The future sounds like shit.
No it doesn't actually. But there are a ton of people out there living in the past, who wants you to believe that the future (anything new) can be nothing but shit.

Faraday Future's FF 91 Las Vegas Debut Snags 64,000 Reservations For Electric Car.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohn...rvations-for-ff-91-electric-car/#6926e07961f7

"Standard reservations confirm the intent to reserve a non-priority spot in line when the FF 91 becomes available for purchase. Priority reservations require an initial fully refundable deposit of $5,000 to secure a priority spot in the reservation line, as well as provides eligibility for upgrading the reservation to the exclusive FF 91 Alliance Edition this spring," Faraday Future said. "While we are thrilled to receive such overwhelming interest in FF 91, we are unable to provide specific details with regards to reservation type."

The company also hasn't said how much the car costs, though it will be priced in line with ultra-luxury vehicles from brands such as Bentleys. That would mean buyers can expect to pay $180,000 or more for an FF 91, or double what a Tesla Model S sedan costs.

Faraday Future's FF 91 Las Vegas Debut Snags 64,000 Reservations For Electric Car.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohn...rvations-for-ff-91-electric-car/#6926e07961f7

"Standard reservations confirm the intent to reserve a non-priority spot in line when the FF 91 becomes available for purchase. Priority reservations require an initial fully refundable deposit of $5,000 to secure a priority spot in the reservation line, as well as provides eligibility for upgrading the reservation to the exclusive FF 91 Alliance Edition this spring," Faraday Future said. "While we are thrilled to receive such overwhelming interest in FF 91, we are unable to provide specific details with regards to reservation type."

The company also hasn't said how much the car costs, though it will be priced in line with ultra-luxury vehicles from brands such as Bentleys. That would mean buyers can expect to pay $180,000 or more for an FF 91, or double what a Tesla Model S sedan costs.
This means nothing without the breakdown. I would put myself on that list with no other obligations, but I wouldn't be committing $5,000 to it even if it is refundable.

This video of it finding a parking spot and backing into it is pretty cool.

Back