Far Cry

v1p3r-386-

Limp Gawd
Well today, I just got my eVGA 6800gt. Evertything works great except far cry that came with it. The video side of things is fine, but the sound doesn't seem to work. When I have hardware mixing and eax 2 turned on some of the sounds don't play. However when I turn hardware mixing and eax2 off it seems to work fine. Except, it's not loud enough no matter how much I have my speakers turned up ( w/ sound fx all the way up in options). I have the latest drivers from creative and this is on a fresh install of windows xp. Any ideas? Thnx in advance!

Do you have your speakers plugged in all of the way? ;)

I mean, taking apart your comp and pushing in a new card, some things can come loose or not get connected all the way.

Did you update far cry?

How is EAX 2 with other games?

I am going to have to try and replug in the sound like you said. The only other game I have installed atm is doom3 and that doesn't use eax2. So, that leads me to believe I may not have them plugged in all the way. However music sounds fine which is strange..

Edit: Everything seems to be plugged in well... Music sounds fine and is coming out of all speakers ( I have logitech z 640 5.1's) Any ideas?

Double Edit: I have the 1.1 patch for farcry (off nvidias site)

Far Cry is a buggy game by nature and has been known to cut sounds out on Audigy cards. This game needs an updated patch badly b/c 1.1 is still buggy. If you go to the CryForums you'll see many issues with sound problems that haven't been resolved.

search around for the 1.2 patch. yes it was pulled but you can still find it. i found it and installed it and everything is working fine. it also supposedly fixes issues that were present with nvidia based cards.

Blauman said:
search around for the 1.2 patch. yes it was pulled but you can still find it. i found it and installed it and everything is working fine. it also supposedly fixes issues that were present with nvidia based cards.
I will have to find and give that a try. I don't think an nvidia related issue would be causing my sound to not work correctly w/ eax2 on however.

no i was just pointing out that far cry has some graphical issues with nvidia cards that 1.2 supposedly fixed. I am playing it 1280x1024 with 4xAA and 8xAF and it runs and looks great. Some slowdown when there are tons of trigens oin the screen.

Downloaded and installed the 1.2 patch. It made no difference with the sound. It still doesn't work with eax 2. Any ideas? Maybe someone else with my soundcard can help me out?

have you tried to see if there are any updated drivers for the card itself. I dunno I have an Audigy2 with logitech 5.1 speakers and it works just fine. I have it set to HW mixing and whatever the other option is.

I'm having sound corruption on the demo (can't afford the game, ATM). Audigy 2 here.

Do you have a USB joystick plugged in? I know it sounds goofy but mine had lots of sound corruption when my Gravis was plugged in. Since it was the only thing that had changed in my system, I unplugged it and then it worked fine.

I don't have anything usb plugged in but thanks for the idea. Also, I will try killing cthelper.exe and report back. I hate cthelper.exe sometimes anyways, on my old install of windows @ random it would use up 50% of my cpu every once and a while.

Edit: I tried to kill cthelper.exe but it won't die. Really weird...... I hit end process then "yes" and it's still there.....

Bump. Any ideas? I can play fine without eax 2 and it sounds okay I would just like to know.

Back