Far Cry Primal $5 @ Epic

How is that one? I was completely turned off on it because it went... well primal. Half the fun for me in Far Cry is all the guns, NEVER use bow and arrows (except those side missions hunting some stupid animal in the "traditional" way) and other than sneaking up on someone don't really use hand to hand. But for $5....

I wasn't sure about this one either, but I really ended up enjoying the change of scenery. While there are indeed no guns, the weapons and combat were still quite satisfying to me. And I loved the combining of the animal and vehicle mechanics. Animals that you can ride and attack on, or go stealth with was a riot and offered me enough variety to keep playing this game longer than I play most. The story wasn't all that engaging but as far as good old-fashioned fun goes, this is probably my favorite Far Cry game.

I just finished it a couple weeks ago. It's really well done, I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would have.

It's a gorgeous game, with a well done plot, and the game play mechanics are well done for what it is.

Back