Far Cry Multiplayer

Scheizekopf

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been playing Far Cry for a couple weeks now and it's awsome. I wanted to try out the multiplayer and play real people. Every time i go to enter the CDKey it says:

"CDKey verification Timeout!
Please re-enter your CDKey:"

I've dones this like 5 times a day for 3 days now and nothing.

What's going on?

Thanks in advance for any help.

well, I see FC has a 1.1 patch out that mentions configuring ports used for key verification, so...
1) do you have the patch?
2) have you checked your router and tried forwarding those ports?

?Yes make sure you get the newest patch. I had the problem as well. Although I thought the multiplayer sucked and was unbalenced.

GlobalFear said:
Although I thought the multiplayer sucked and was unbalenced.

Unbalanced? Sounds like the excuse everyone gives for every game in history. The only way to 'balance' a game to make the newb's happy is to have a classless multiplayer game where weapons are scattered around the map, ala Halflife deathmatch. Of course, the most popular multiplayer games all use classes (CS, DOD, BF1942, COD).

While FarCry isnt the greatest game in history, the multiplayer was something I actually found to be a lot of fun. It reminded me a lot of the days of TeamFortress for Halflife.

I got patch 1.1 the first day I installed.

I didnt forward any ports though.

What do I need to do?

nullvector said:
Unbalanced? Sounds like the excuse everyone gives for every game in history. The only way to 'balance' a game to make the newb's happy is to have a classless multiplayer game where weapons are scattered around the map, ala Halflife deathmatch. Of course, the most popular multiplayer games all use classes (CS, DOD, BF1942, COD).

While FarCry isnt the greatest game in history, the multiplayer was something I actually found to be a lot of fun. It reminded me a lot of the days of TeamFortress for Halflife.

4 round semiautomatic rocket launchers you can snipe with? I found the game unbalanced and didn't like the gameplay for multiplayer. I gave my opinion its not that I am a newb, BF1942,C0D and CS seem to be much more balanced to me.

nullvector said:

Me 2. TFC used to own my night life.

flav3rsav3r said:
Me 2. TFC used to own my night life.

I miss TFC. I used to have so much fun on tiger... but then CS drew me in. Damn you, CS! I think I'll play TFC once HL2 comes out and Valve releases it on Source.

GlobalFear said:
4 round semiautomatic rocket launchers you can snipe with? I found the game unbalanced and didn't like the gameplay for multiplayer. I gave my opinion its not that I am a newb, BF1942,C0D and CS seem to be much more balanced to me.

You ever learn to dodge things as a kid? D:

GlobalFear said:

Gotta agree there. I get sick of the rocket n00bs. Yesterday playing Assault, I was on red attacking and the entire blue team was using rockets. I finally get sick of it, pick a rocket launcher, take down all 7 of them, touch the flag, kill them all again, cap the flag, and repeat for the next point. I am NOT a great player yet, that was my 4th day playing. If that's not unbalanced, I dunno what is. On a lighter note, it's quite funny to listen to the idiots complain about my rockets when their entire team was using them.

Scheizekopf said:
I got patch 1.1 the first day I installed.

I didnt forward any ports though.

What do I need to do?

Can we please get back on topic?

Start another threadf if you want to talk about the games.

Back