Far Cry help please

darkclean

n00b
Joined
May 2, 2006
Messages
11
(Don't laugh, it's 4 years old nearly, with some newly updated parts heh)

Specs:

Intel P4
6600GT
Soundblaster Live! 5.1 (I think!)
1 gig ram



Problem:

Whenever I try and play Far cry, my game is really crackling up

The sound is very CRACKLY the music, when people talk its really really slow and crackling and the playback is bad

I've updated my drivers, put the patch on, went into DXDIAG and put stand acceleration onI don't know what else to do

Please help.
 
When I played through the game I had almost the exact same setup, including the videocard and soundcard. Never had any sound issues. If you hadn't said you were using a soundcard I would have said that you were using crappy onboard sound. Maybe try tweaking the sound settings (turn off EAX?).

Of course, it could not be the sound that's causing the problem. The game could be lagging because of another reason, and hence, messing up the sound. Try muting the volume, or turning off the sound in-game, and see if it's still lagging. Also, is the game hitting the HD a lot while you play?
 
Its not hitting my HDD

It does this in all Ubi games nearly. blood money, far cry, what's next?

:mad:

I turned EAX on and off, still does it.

I waited 7 days for the game to come, now it wont even run right heh
 
Turn off sound accelaration and the other one bellow it...

You will find this on panelcontrol,sound,audio, advanced settings of the soundblaster.

You can lower both slide bar or try to turn it off.
 
Have you tried playing it with sound disabled? It sounds like the game is hitting a bottleneck somewhere, and I doubt it would be the soundcard. I know it's not your ram because I played through it twice with only 512. How much stuff do you have running when you play the game? How many processes? Does the system act weird / lag when you're doing anything else?
 
Slartibartfast said:
Have you tried playing it with sound disabled? It sounds like the game is hitting a bottleneck somewhere, and I doubt it would be the soundcard. I know it's not your ram because I played through it twice with only 512. How much stuff do you have running when you play the game? How many processes? Does the system act weird / lag when you're doing anything else?
I have nothign else going but MIRC and Xfire while playing, I've tried both without.

And no it doesnt, I get 300 fps in Call of duty 2 with 0 Freezes, Slow downs, Nothing.
 
AfterAnn said:
Turn off sound accelaration and the other one bellow it...

You will find this on panelcontrol,sound,audio, advanced settings of the soundblaster.

You can lower both slide bar or try to turn it off.

Tried it, it seems a bit better with OFF, but still crackling bad.
 
Good suggestion, AfterAnn.

Starting to sound like a farcry issue, have you contacted ubisoft's tech support?
 
I've looked in all their faqs, nothing about it. I don't really want to register with them

I think it's a lost hope.

WOW

Now i'm installing Indigo Prophecy

and it has the stutter crackle pop

What if my sound card has gone to shits? (Though its at 100% ram usage )while installing)
 
I had this problem in the past with BF1 and other games.
I think i fixed the problem with sound acceleration slider bar...
Sadly this not worked for you...


Sometimes the creative soundcard have problems with some chipset/motherboard.
I fixed a problem 2 years ago by updating the BIOS of my asus motherboard.
The original BIOS of the board was causing major ethernet problems when the audigy was connected.

I don't think the problem is farcry because you said you have the same problem in other games...
 
Back
Top