FAR CRY: DVD or CD?

Cannibal Corpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Is it on DVD for North American or just CD?

It will be disappoiting if it is on multiple CDs (like UT2K4). :(

No! :eek: Why?

I belive the majority of gamers in N.A. at least have a DVD-ROM in their systems.

I don't care about the Special Limited Editions that come on DVDs, but spanning the game onto multiple CDs is just ridiculous! :mad:

Originally posted by Cannibal Corpse
No! :eek: Why?

I belive the majority of gamers in N.A. at least have a DVD-ROM in their systems.

I don't care about the Special Limited Editions that come on DVDs, but spanning the game onto multiple CDs is just ridiculous! :mad:

Whaaaaat?! You mean you don't have 6 cd drives in your computer? Man you are so behind the times.

Yeah it sucks, but if you really want the DVD you can always buy it from a UK place.

It's 3 CDs, it aint too bad. You only gotta install it once; it's not like you need to constantly swap CDs during play... *cough* XIII *cough*

Are you people THAT busy that you don't have time to sit there and swap CDs during an installation?

I personally didn't need headphones or want to pay $10 extra for UT SE, so I went the CD route...

Not like I lost a whole Saturday or anything...:rolleyes:

If you have time to play the game until your eyeballs dry out, then you have time to swap out a few extra discs... sheesh! You young people and your lack of patience!!! :p

The problem is not that there are to many CD's for the install its just that there is to many CD's to keep in CD wallets and other things that hold CD's its just so much simpler if you have one disc do eveything instead of 1 disk you always use and the other 4 laying around or wasting space in a CD Wallet.

It´s just that cd versions of todays game is just retarded. No I don´t want to fiddle around with 5 discs when installing a game. That is just so pointless it doesn´t exist.

Originally posted by Alex A.
The problem is not that there are to many CD's for the install its just that there is to many CD's to keep in CD wallets and other things that hold CD's its just so much simpler if you have one disc do eveything instead of 1 disk you always use and the other 4 laying around or wasting space in a CD Wallet.

that's why the game comes with a jewel case ;)

i do feel your pain though. But really, my cd wallet's (note the plural) have long ago been overflowing. I'm not going to worry about having 5 more cd's to add in. It's something as a gamer i've come to expect.

Originally posted by oqvist.
It´s just that cd versions of todays game is just retarded. No I don´t want to fiddle around with 5 discs when installing a game. That is just so pointless it doesn´t exist.

Anyone remember fiddling around with tons of floppies? I remember having a backup of Office for windows3.1 that was something like 30 floppies. That was a long time though, so i'm sure my memory has blown that up a bit.

but, this has already been discussed - in length. Was that thread locked in the end? haha.

Originally posted by kennyfett
Are you people THAT busy that you don't have time to sit there and swap CDs during an installation?

I personally didn't need headphones or want to pay $10 extra for UT SE, so I went the CD route...

Not like I lost a whole Saturday or anything...:rolleyes:

If you have time to play the game until your eyeballs dry out, then you have time to swap out a few extra discs... sheesh! You young people and your lack of patience!!! :p

Where was it $10 more? Everywhere I went to get UT SE it was the same price as the normal version. And it is freaking anoying to have to swap cd's out. When I install something I want to be able to get up and leave, not have to sit there monitoring the installation waiting for the next required cd.

Originally posted by ThisMonsterLives
I suppose the DVD version is region 2? Will they even work in the US?

o_0 is there even region coding on DVD data disks?

Originally posted by Devnull
o_0 is there even region coding on DVD data disks?

No there isn´t but there may be in the future if they think it helps against piracy.

Does anyone know which online stores will ship outside Europe and have good prices? I don't much like E-bay. DVD.co.uk has very good prices but don't ship here...:(

Thanks.

Originally posted by tmod0
Does anyone know which online stores will ship outside Europe and have good prices? I don't much like E-bay. DVD.co.uk has very good prices but don't ship here...:(

Thanks.

www.webhallen.com sends overseas I think

Even consoles games are on DVD, I don't know why they don't ship PC games on DVD as well. The DVD case, the whole thing gives the game a "personality", that is why PS2 and Xbox games are so expensive ($49 and up, compared to $29 and $39 for NEW PC games)

Well, I guess why they are cheaper:

PC games are shipped in crappy card-board boxes (thank goodness they don't come in those HUGE "Cereal" sized boxes!) and lack of a DVD box, and manual makes up for the lower prices. (at least here in N.A.)

Back