far cry demo oddness [pic]

thebro

Gawd
wtf? drivers f'ed up?

Untitled-1.jpg

It looks like it could be bad videocard or main memory.

Its hard to test video memory, but you can test main memory pretty easily:

www.memtest.org is pretty good. Run a few passes (have lunch or something while its running)

It's just an issue with the demo and the Catalyst drivers. It may be an issue with AF if you have it on, if so turn it off to fix it. If you don't have it on, it's an issue with the drivers, because the readme reccommends Catalyst 3.9's I believe.

I have the same problam in the demo version with 9700pro
and catalyst 4.3 ...
i use aa x4 and af x16
ohhh i have 17-25frames :p
and that do you think the frame rate will change if i buy a
new cpu i just bought to my friend 2200+ and overclocked
it to 2260mhz but after 3 hours he came and take it :rolleyes:

I had same problem with demo with aa/af turned on.... i turned them off and then it looked they way it should.

thats with every thing on very high and @ 1280 x 1024, but no aa or af

my cpu is a 3.0C oced to 3.2

video is a ati 9800se @ 275/270

is it the same core as the pro?

i got the core to 450 and the mem to 330 [660] with no artifacts

if i clock it as high as the pro will it be the same speed?

also this has stock cooling
:(

i get the same thing with a 9800 and 4.3 driver in demo, havent had time to try the 4.4s

ATI drivers never have problems. It's user error. Or the game. If that was an FX screenshot we'd be seeing " OMFG loLZ FX SUX!!! "

Originally posted by evilchris
ATI drivers never have problems. It's user error. Or the game. If that was an FX screenshot we'd be seeing " OMFG loLZ FX SUX!!! "

Haha, that's the most ridiculous and ignorant post ever... :rolleyes:

I was having texture probs with Far Cry and my 9800 pro the other day (full version).

Trees weren't displaying right. So it could just be a glitch. Did it just occur on this level?

It was sarcasm dweeb. Tell me what's ignorant about it. It is poking fun at the hypocracy of everyone on this forum. The blocky, pixelated floor is a game problem that NVIDIA is hit by now and is spurring constant " OMGZ 6800 SUX LOOK AT THE FLOORZ!!! " Yet we have the lovely ATI black triangle and no one says "OMGZ ATI PIZEL SHADRERZ SUXORS". So, I ask again, whats ignorant about it?

Demo 2 does it on ATI. I have a 9800P/3.7 and I get that same problem. Fix: retail game allegedly. I never bought it. Demo 1 doesn't have the problem.

Demo 2 does it on ATI. I have a 9800P/3.7 and I get that same problem. Fix: retail game allegedly. I never bought it. Demo 1 doesn't have the problem.

I have a 9800Pro with the 4.2's and this doesnt happen unless you force anisotropic filtering in the control panel like a fool.

So no, it doesn't "do it on ATI', and the fix isn't the retail game.
It's (relatively) current drivers and/or not forcing filtering in the control panel.

The retail game supposedly fixes the problem with control panel AF.

Originally posted by leukotriene
I have a 9800Pro with the 4.2's and this doesnt happen unless you force anisotropic filtering in the control panel like a fool.

So no, it doesn't "do it on ATI', and the fix isn't the retail game.
It's (relatively) current drivers and/or not forcing filtering in the control panel.

The retail game supposedly fixes the problem with control panel AF.

My AF/AA is on application preference and I get the problem. I can also force AF with my 5950 and there is no problem and AF is visibly working. yep, ATI problem. Also, if you read the original post you'll see he's using CAT 4.4. I'd call those (relatively) current.

My AF/AA is on application preference and I get the problem. I can also force AF with my 5950 and there is no problem and AF is visibly working. yep, ATI problem.

Mine is with the 4.2's and I don't.
I get that exact problem only when I force AF in the control panel.
His may be off in the control panel with the 4.4's and he does.
The shipping game doesn't have this problem with any set so far as I know.

So if the shipping game works fine with the same drivers, it's the card makers fault despite the fact that any code changed was changed in the game itself?
Interesting.

I can see why you're so angry at ATI.
I mean, if it's a choice between running the second demo with 4.2 Omega's or Cat's or buying the actual game, the choice is clear. You clearly cannot be expected to use a newer (or older) driver set just to get a secondary demo level to run. That would require literally minutes of your time to change.
Buy an NV3X and suck the PS1.1 goodness out of a steel pipe. Yup, that's the best option.

Originally posted by evilchris
It was sarcasm dweeb. Tell me what's ignorant about it. It is poking fun at the hypocracy of everyone on this forum. The blocky, pixelated floor is a game problem that NVIDIA is hit by now and is spurring constant " OMGZ 6800 SUX LOOK AT THE FLOORZ!!! " Yet we have the lovely ATI black triangle and no one says "OMGZ ATI PIZEL SHADRERZ SUXORS". So, I ask again, whats ignorant about it?

Well then I apologize... didn't know you were being sarcastic. I still think it was ignorant though. There was no need for a post like that.

Back