Far Cry 6

I'm pro capitalist as much as the next guy, but it surely seems as if you are overstating your importance in the system. When four of the five largest companies by market cap are Microsoft, Apple, Google, and Amazon, they generally don't need YOU as much as you need one of them.

Individually we are unimportant.

When a few million of us start thinking the same way - however ...

Reactions: Skott
like this
I don't think it should be controversial that any company doing anti-consumer things deserves to be killed by any means necessary.

IN a capitalist market, they are supposed to fight over us, and give us what we want. When that model breaks, anything goes.
What anti-consumer things are Ubisoft doing, exactly? A developer wanting control over their IP and distribution of products using their IP is not anti-consumer.

Ubisoft is fighting for consumers, and doing well considering the sales of their games. You're also more than welcome to choose not to consume their products for whatever reason you want, as misguided as those reasons may be.

What anti-consumer things are Ubisoft doing, exactly? A developer wanting control over their IP and distribution of products using their IP is not anti-consumer.

Ubisoft is fighting for consumers, and doing well considering the sales of their games. You're also more than welcome to choose not to consume their products for whatever reason you want, as misguided as those reasons may be.

Requiring a single player game to be online is anti-consumer. Wasn't that long ago the entire Hardforum's would have been enraged at the news of something like that. How far we have fallen in our principles.

Trying to bring all retail and distribution in to using their own client is also market manipulation, and bordering on anti-competitive behavior. Just because everyone is doing it doesn't mean it is right.

Ubisoft is fighting for consumers? I want whatever you're smoking. At what point in your life did you become okay with defending large corporations that take advantage of their customers? You're white knighting the wrong thing, my guy.

Ubisoft is fighting for consumers? I want whatever you're smoking. At what point in your life did you become okay with defending large corporations that take advantage of their customers? You're white knighting the wrong thing, my guy.

How does Ubisoft ‘take advantage of its customers’? They have literally millions of fans worldwide who love them.

Requiring a single player game to be online is anti-consumer.

The Far Cry games are not online always. Only Tom Clancy's Breakpoint was, if I recall. Ubisoft games do use Denuvo which do require an online check. I believe if you haven't launched within a month, a Denuvo game will not launch. Learned that when I paid for a game I had not launched in over a month, and decided to play it when the internet was down.

I used to feel this way, but I have done a complete 180 on it.

These people will screw any and all of us over at the drop of a hat, so I have no regard for them what so ever.

Don't get me wrong. I still think it is the right thing to do to pay for your stuff, and for the overwhelming majority of titles I play, I do. I am also not going to reward those I consider to be ruining the industry by giving them my hard earned cash.

Of all the titles I've played over the last 20+ years, I've paid for all of them, except the Far Cry series, over this forced launcher/account/always online nonsense.

(I initially did the same with the Outer Worlds as a protest over the corrupt exclusive deal bribe Epic paid them, but as soon as it went live on Steam, I bought it on principle, at full price, despite the fact that I had already finished it and never launched it again.)

It's not about the money for me. It's not about getting something for free. It's all about the principle of the thing. I will not reward bad actors in the industry with my money.

If I had to, I'd definitely just abstain from their products on principle. I've done this with many other things. But since I don't have to deprive myself of something I enjoy, while still making a stand through economic incentives, I will.

And no. Piracy is nothing even remotely like theft. The only reason theft is bad is because someone loses something when you steal it from them. They lose absolutely nothing by me pirating their product, for the simple reason that as long as they are up to their antics, I was never going to buy their product anyway.

I say fuck 'em. If they were the good ones, they wouldn't be trying to screw us over. Them getting hurt by this is the entire point.

If they go out of business because of my not paying for their games (they won't) I'd consider that a huge success beyond my wildest dreams. Imagine my little protest had such a big impact!

Let a better company, run by better people take their place in the market. (Their share of wallet)

Gaming isn't going away. There is still demand in the marketplace, and as long as there is someone better will come along and out-compete them, and if they don't try to do shady shit, abuse the market, and hurt the community, I'll pay them too.

It's the best of both worlds really. This way I get to take a stance on something I feel very strongly about, while at the same time not losing out on experiences.

I would never support piracy as a way to get something free and not pay for it. I totally support piracy as a form of protest though. Hit 'em in the wallet where it hurts. Is it a moral grey area? Sure, but so is what they are doing. My conscience is perfectly clear.

Bro....

Not coo.

You could maybe justify "demo-ing" it for a couple hours to make sure you dig it.

But straight up Jolly Rogerin' every FC since FC3?? (Even I think that's messed up)

Sidenote: I have FarCry Primal installed right now and consider it one of the very best in the series...

Bro....

Not coo.

You could maybe justify "demo-ing" it for a couple hours to make sure you dig it.

But straight up Jolly Rogerin' every FC since FC3?? (Even I think that's messed up)

Sidenote: I have FarCry Primal installed right now and consider it one of the very best in the series...

I will do it to any title that is an exclusive or forces me to create any kind of account, regardless of developer.

If they change direction, so will I and instantly buy them all, like I have in the past when the Outer Worlds exclusive ended.

1706326983537.jpeg

1706327135366.jpeg

Back