Far Cry 4 Weapons Trailer

I think it's going to be a great game if it's anything like the last one, but I can't get excited about it because I'm...well, still playing the last one. I'm sick of a damn sequel coming out every year.

I think it's going to be a great game if it's anything like the last one, but I can't get excited about it because I'm...well, still playing the last one. I'm sick of a damn sequel coming out every year.

Yes, I think we would all much prefer the 10 year delays on sequels like with Half Life 3....

How DARE they give us new games to play yearly!

Not all that crazy about the lead villain, he kinda looks and sounds like a pansy. Looks more like he could be one of those contestants on Project Runway. I'll get the game though just on the rep of the 1st and 3rd Farcry's to see how it goes.

Guess I bought the wrong game (Far Cry 2). Boring was the name, and the re-install DRM made me even more mad. Shouldn't be a problem since a never play it.
Not too impressed with the weapons In this video I guess. The 'bait' especially looks pretty lame. I wasn't a big fan of 'bug bait' in Half Life either, but hey, that was alien critters so it made it acceptable. Though, I only used them when I HAD to.

I played Far Cry 3 and it sucks. I do not understand why people liked the game? Far Cry 2 sucked, and so did 3.

1. White guy from New York now becomes savage in remote island. Also hot black chick with a lot of muscle white guys falls in love with him. Also she's this sister to the antagonist.

2. Everything you kill is limited to 3 kinds of humans and now animals. But hey the humans can carry a verity of weapons?!

3. Also animal hunting quests are boring and repetitive.

4. Money is the incentive for doing jobs but you get all the weapons but unlocking towers, which you wanna do anyway. Which means I really don't like doing animal hunting quests.

5. AI can see you through foliage.

Crytek must really be kicking themselves in the ass these days. They invented this franchise, had to abandon it when they jumped ship from Ubisoft and then tried to make their own bastardized ripoff of their own game with Crysis and have been downhill ever since. Meanwhile Ubi has managed to keep FarCry true to its roots.

You're just late to the party. When FC4 releases it'll have been two years since FC3. How long is the developer supposed to wait for yo ass to finish playing FC3? :)

I played Far Cry 3 and it sucks. I do not understand why people liked the game? Far Cry 2 sucked, and so did 3.

1. White guy from New York now becomes savage in remote island. Also hot black chick with a lot of muscle white guys falls in love with him. Also she's this sister to the antagonist.

2. Everything you kill is limited to 3 kinds of humans and now animals. But hey the humans can carry a verity of weapons?!

4. Money is the incentive for doing jobs but you get all the weapons but unlocking towers, which you wanna do anyway. Which means I really don't like doing animal hunting quests.

People like the game because its open world mayhem and usually eye candy. I loved the first FC by Crytek, I actually liked FC2 despite the annoying respawning checkpoints, and FC3 was a blast as well. There were a couple mods (Ziggy's mod for example) that made FC3 10x better.

I've owned FC3 for a while now and as I do not have a ton of time to game, I kept repeating the same mission in the beginning over and over, it don't let you save in the middle =( After I finally sat down and punched through the first couple of missions I have to admit, it's pretty fun! Crafting, pwning, etc. Some MMO and FPS elements rolled up into one. Plus, the 970 plays it on Ultra @ 1080 @ 90hz flawlessly. That helps. The only thing that bugs me are some weird pixelation when loading textures, not sure whats that from, I think it's the game. But overall, the character movement, gun details et al are just awesome, I mean you can run and slide and it keeps you crouched while you hit a tree and your gun moves up out of the way...it just feels very real and solid. So, I will probably get FC4, even though I haven't purchased a game in like 2 years. AMD rewards FTW. Too bad the 970 didn't come with anything =(

Never liked the gameplay but always admired the graphics and Garry's mod-type videos.

QFT. Never finished the game

I thought FC3 was damn fun when it was random. By that I mean I desperately tried to avoid doing the campaign because I could fucking stand the story, characters nor the voice actors. I just most enjoyed it when I wandered around with no direction, attacking camps I came across and just moving through the brush. One of the few games where the wilderness had more appeal than any other part of the game for me.

Its been roughly two years since Far Cry 3.

Far Cry 3 came out late 2012 though.

Well judging by that video its the exact same game engine, you kill people the same way with the knife, you chop up animals the same way. Sure they put a few changes in it, but it's FarCry 3.5 : The Mountain Regions.

That said, I hope they remove the interactive sequences, that shit was boring as hell. I spent the entire game becoming a well trained killer and basically can snipe an entire fort of people without them so much as knowing where I am, and when it comes to the main villain I have to get into this trippy game sequence to beat him.

Never found any of the Fry Cry games any sort of challenging. After about 20% through the "game" I was completely bored and never finished. I think I made it about halfway through the first one before finding the game a sad thing with the same thing over and over and over. I only bought "1". "2" came with a video card, and a friend gave me "3" as he got it with a video card and already had it.

The first was fun, the second was going through check-points ad nauseam. That said multiplayer LAN FC2 was great! I am going to wait for reviews from friends. Judging from the video it has no real appeal to me.

Far Cry 4 looks to be a really fun game. I pre-ordered well over a month ago.

Wat?

FarCry 3 came out in 2012.

Video was not appealing to me either, but I'm never one to get excited over weapons in and of themselves. To add their "meek shall inherit the earth" crap did more to make me yawn big time...

Hope the games does well though. I liked the first one quite a bit, and only got to play it for the first time last year.

Not all that crazy about the lead villain, he kinda looks and sounds like a pansy. Looks more like he could be one of those contestants on Project Runway. I'll get the game though just on the rep of the 1st and 3rd Farcry's to see how it goes.

I wasn't even sold on the protagonist for Far Cry 3. Still haven't bought or played it

Back