Far Cry 3 performance

Killa|3yte

2[H]4U
I'm seeing some really strange performance issues with Far Cry 3. I'm running 670 SLI, and can usually keep things stable around 70-100 FPS with ultra settings and 4x MSAA.

Until I shoot something.

Seriously. Stand in front of a car. 100FPS. Now shoot out one of the headlights. 25FPS as long as car is in view.

Same thing seems to happen with corpses. Everything's running smooth until bullets start flying, at which point FPS is perma-tanked. Am I the only one seeing this?

kill the MSAA. Also, might look into manually turning off the post processing in the cfg profile. gave me a 20+ fps boost and looks better without it IMO

Someone in the other FC3 thread mentioned they had better AA performance when using nVidia control panel opposed to ingame AA. Give that a shot

Same thing happening to me here, running SLI GTX 670's, really annoying, I wonder if this is an NVIDIA issue or the game.

I had that until I changed the SLI compatibility bits in that nvidia inspector thing. Although the first setting I used (which I found on [H]) stopped working after I updgraded to the 310.70 driver, but then I found another somewhere which made it start working again. I'm at work so I can't check what I'm using, but you could try this.

My setting for SLI in Farcry3 to hold 60 FPS with 4xMSAA.
Great game also for me.Lots of fun.
Video when recording with fraps I used settings below.

Hope this helps some people with the game.25+HRS never had a crash.

Quick video with afterburner
http://youtu.be/gZ_holsmdd4

Windows 8 Pro
3770k @4600Mhz
680GTX reference cards SLI
Nvidia driver 306.97
SLI compatibility bits (dx11) in Nvidia inspector 0x0C1902F5
Added farcry3_d3d11.exe to Nvidia inspector profile for Farcry3
Link to profile Nvidia inspector setting

Video quality-Ultra
Display-1920x1080 Full Screen
V-SYNC-1 Frame
GPU MAX BUFFERED FRAMES 5-THIS SETTING 0-5 IS FINE
WIDESCREEN LETTERBOX-OFF
DIRECTX-11
MSAA ANTI-ALIASING-4
ALPHA TO COVERAGE ENHANCED
SSAO METHOD-SSAO-THIS SETTING IS FINE WITH HDAO,HBAO

Great performance @ 1080P and 32xCSAA in Nvidia settings, on desktop in sig.

Thanks for the replies on this. It ended up being the SLI problem described above. I had to totally gut all nVidia drivers out of my system and install the new WHQL 310.70, which fixed it.

Back