Far Cry 2!

blottingpaper

Limp Gawd
i have a looooooooooooooooot of excitement for this game but no actual game to dwell with my excitement. I know Kyle will post his "review" of the game with all of his awesomness-oozing cards and setups, but maybe some kind souls on this forum would start building up the criiiiiiiiiiiiaziness here with some down to earth screenshots!! :):):):):):):):)

I hope I can preload my copy on Steam today so there's no delay tomorrow when I get home from work.

i share your excitement OP. looking forward to picking up my copy tomorrow from the always-hated GameStop.

:( I cant pick up my preorder untill thursday :( :( :( unless gamestop is open untill 930 then i can pick it up tomorrow

Ill end up walking down to the Walmart* at midnight. Have done that for the last few games Ive bought (Spore, Warhead). Hope they have it!

They have it. Everywhere that's going to sell it tomorrow is going to receive the DVD when they get mail today. The trick is finding someone who works there who will get you one.

From the early performance review, It looks like my 4850 should do ok :D

Thank god I have a second one coming in the mail ;)

From the early performance review, It looks like my 4850 should do ok :D

Thank god I have a second one coming in the mail ;)

oh yeah absolutely. Should be decent with one and beyond decent with two. Also if you're at a more normal res like 1680x1050 even better

No worries mate, we should be able to max out the settings and still get 35+ FPS avg.
(I have an OC'd GTX260 at 1920x1200 too)

Me 3. Wonder what any AA will do to the game... I do really hope nV's got a monster coming our way soon tho. I miss me some AA. Crysis just looks like hell without it. Hopefully we can at least enable some 2x action in FC2....

LOL'd nothing like a game to make us run out and buy another $200 card for a $50 game. ;)

Yeah well some guys are running out and spending $400-500 for this. It is crazy how the hardware is so ridiculous compared to the software. Makes you think sometimes the console guys have it better.

Yeah well some guys are running out and spending $400-500 for this. It is crazy how the hardware is so ridiculous compared to the software. Makes you think sometimes the console guys have it better.

Ya but that's why we're [H]ardcore, and is part of the fun. Expensive fun.

I'm feeling a bit unenthusiastic about the game now... It doesn't look as good at they were saying it would be & watching the videos makes the gameplay seem a bit overhyped. Eh... I'll wait this one out until its in cheap buys section or GoGamer.com has a sale.

I'm feeling a bit unenthusiastic about the game now... It doesn't look as good at they were saying it would be & watching the videos makes the gameplay seem a bit overhyped. Eh... I'll wait this one out until its in cheap buys section or GoGamer.com has a sale.

Nobody has it yet, wait till we get real reviews, not some videos online.

Here's hoping that I can get some AA going @ 1920*1200 using a 1gb 4870!

Ya but that's why we're [H]ardcore, and is part of the fun. Expensive fun.

No agreed. I like the upgrade cycle I'm a bit more of a value upgrader though - as in looking to move from a 3870 to a 4850 but nevertheless that 4850 looked decent in the [H] preview not to mention I'm not at 2560x1600

Review makes a good point. Why is it FC2 and not just some new title since it is a brand new game without ties to the old

Easier to market I suppose, the name Far Cry is already known to people so using the name for their game helps boost awareness.

Back