Video card:

NVIDIA 8600 GTS or better, ATI X1900 or better
512 Mb of graphic memory

Memory: 2 GB

Sound: 5.1 sound card recommended

Media reader:

DVD-ROM

Supported Video cards:

NVIDIA 6800, NVIDIA 7000 series, 8000 series, 9000 series, 200 series. 8800M and 8700M supported for laptops.

ATI X1650 – 1950 series , HD2000 series , HD3000 series , HD4000 series.

Not too shabby!

I always love having a PC that beats out the recommended specs with new games. :D

yay now we know the recommended hardware to ave 30fps at 1024x768 on med with no aa/af. even though it doesn't look as good as crysis, it'll be like far cry specs all over again. :(

Thanks for the heads up, but i think everyone here will take this with a grain of salt.

I for one will be waiting for release before i decide if a upgrade will be needed.

Yeah...I was thinking that those recommended specs look a little low for how good the game is looking.....but we'll see.

Well, there will be console versions too, so it can't be too demanding... until you turn up the texture resolution, draw distance, effects detail bla bla bla up to levels PC gamers find satisfactory, then it will be crysis all over again.

that's what i say:D

Seriously. Give me some games so I can justify a new graphics card purchase ;)

Plus, I want a game to take full advantage of my q6600's power and not just let it go to waste browsing [H] :D (besides Crysis)

I've never known a company that releases realistic specs so I don't even bother reading them. You can meet the 'recommended' requirements and the game still lags. And at minimum, the game isn't even playable to the point of being able to actually PLAY IT.

ROFL everyone needs to take a chill pill. People are forgetting that minimum specs = minimum specs. You will of course be able to play Far Cry 2 on your 6800 (I played and beat Crysis on an X850XT, which is similar in performance). It just won't be the graphical ownage that everyone here will care for. But it will still play fine.

Crysis demo wasn't all that playable on my 7800, even at lower resolutions.

Just sayin'

Just sayin'

Well, I played and beat that game at 1280x1024, mostly all at low but with physics and shadows at medium with my X850XT. Consistent 25-30 FPS.

Seriously. Give me some games so I can justify a new graphics card purchase ;)

Plus, I want a game to take full advantage of my q6600's power and not just let it go to waste browsing [H] :D (besides Crysis)
That's the problem, aside from Far Cry 2, there ain't really any titles coming out soon that will push the envelope.

buy a bigger monitor/up your resolution?

Not really interested. My 22" does just fine for me. Plus, with current college situation; can't afford it. I can spare few bucks on better vid card; but I really do not see anything that great coming in the near future :(.

so basically you are broke, but have money burning a hole in your pocket for a video card you dont need because nothings out besides crysis which will tax it. just checking :)

That's the problem, aside from Far Cry 2, there ain't really any titles coming out soon that will push the envelope.

I might wait as long as GT200b but that's about it. I just want to get a new card, and be done with it for a while. So if the 4870x2 can push 37" 1920 x 1080 res with AA + for a long damn time, I'll be happy. Plus, i'll be playing WAR in a month and I know my 7800GT has a little tough time ;) which will tide me over till L4D, and a whole slew of other games come into my PC library.

haha.. gotta love PC gaming.

over the past year, i've had a 8800GTS 640, 8800GTS 512 and then a 9800GX2, and now a 4870 (all sold/stepup, and i'm selling the 4870 before 4870x2 or GT200b).. i need to stop this addiction to vid cards :D

so basically you are broke, but have money burning a hole in your pocket for a video card you dont need because nothings out besides crysis which will tax it. just checking :)
Not really. Every game that I play on my GTX I say: "well, couple of extra FPS will make this awesome". This is primarily the reason I want to upgrade. Plus, I would only be spending $10 out of pocket for 4870 and about $50 on GTX 260. But, looking into the future, I see nothing...lol
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky
Eh, I was excited too; after watching the latest HD IGN video, I am left disappointed by graphics.
I might wait as long as GT200b but that's about it. I just want to get a new card, and be done with it for a while. So if the 4870x2 can push 37" 1920 x 1080 res with AA + for a long damn time, I'll be happy. Plus, i'll be playing WAR in a month and I know my 7800GT has a little tough time ;) which will tide me over till L4D, and a whole slew of other games come into my PC library.

haha.. gotta love PC gaming.

over the past year, i've had a 8800GTS 640, 8800GTS 512 and then a 9800GX2, and now a 4870 (all sold/stepup, and i'm selling the 4870 before 4870x2 or GT200b).. i need to stop this addiction to vid cards :D

lol, I don't think I can ever do that. yes, upgrading is fun and it having latest and greatest is always fun; but gotta look at the practical side of it. I see people on [H] loosing an average of $400 every 6 months just because they want to have the best card.

lol, I don't think I can ever do that. yes, upgrading is fun and it having latest and greatest is always fun; but gotta look at the practical side of it. I see people on [H] loosing an average of $400 every 6 months just because they want to have the best card.

total i actually havent really come out that much.

i paid about 300 for a gts 640 back in nov last year, then had a weird side step up to a 512, returned it back to evga, and then stepped up to the GX2 for about 250 more, then sold the GX2 later a couple months ago for 400, and i bought the 4870 for about 300, and selling it for 300 as well (basically a free temp card ;) ) and i got $200 for a new graphics card from the GF last year, so not out too much and had great graphics cards the entire year, but i'm definitely a rare case lol.

buy a bigger monitor/up your resolution?

Far Cry 2, Crysis Warhead, Fallout 3, Dawn of War 2, World in Conflict: soviet assault, Aliens: colonial marines... i think there's plenty that can push a system. the dawn of war 2 images look amazing... imagine them at 1680x1050 or higher.. OMG

Well once this, spore and starcraft 2 are released maybe a 4870 or gtx 260 or 280 will be purchased as well. Even so, the 360 and ps 3 versions are looking good and my current videocard will look better than the consoles. It will be a good experience, I doubt ubisoft will make the same mistakes as crytek as far as specs go.

If those are going to remain the recomended specs, than this game must be optimissed to hell.

If those are going to remain the recomended specs, than this game must be optimissed to hell.

Or all the canned settings like "high" are set pretty conservative to prevent the backlash that Crysis has received.

Or all the canned settings like "high" are set pretty conservative to prevent the backlash that Crysis has received.

I thought it was kinda odd that crysis' "optimal" settings would put mine at dx10 everything very high.. .but what good does that do? it was playable but it chugged quite a bit... dx9 i roll through with at a constant rate though. Is Far Cry 2 based more on the Crysis coding or the Warhead coding... both similiar.. but i'm guessing the warhead coding is better optimized?

I thought it was kinda odd that crysis' "optimal" settings would put mine at dx10 everything very high.. .but what good does that do? it was playable but it chugged quite a bit... dx9 i roll through with at a constant rate though. Is Far Cry 2 based more on the Crysis coding or the Warhead coding... both similiar.. but i'm guessing the warhead coding is better optimized?

Far Cry 2 is being developed by Ubisoft, not Crytek. So I would assume it would be based on neither games.

Read some shit, Crysis coding is total shit; they even acknowledged it. I hope Far Cry 2 is a whole different story.

Just sayin'

I played the crysis demo on my computer's friend with a 6600gt and a 2.8 intel processor and we could almost set everything to medium and it was ok.

Read some shit, Crysis coding is total shit; they even acknowledged it. I hope Far Cry 2 is a whole different story.

At time it still gets me confused what engine it'll be... considering original far cry used the cryengine. I only assumed they probably used the crytek engine from crysis. Kinda how the doom3 engine was used in several games.. or the source engine.

At time it still gets me confused what engine it'll be... considering original far cry used the cryengine. I only assumed they probably used the crytek engine from crysis. Kinda how the doom3 engine was used in several games.. or the source engine.

They are using the Dunia engine, which Ubisoft created.

I always love having a PC that beats out the recommended specs with new games. :D

I can finally re-join this list now too with my new puter :), just built it and this was one of the main games I wanted to run at full on it along with Stalker clear sky.

Back