Far Cry 2 Screens

doesnt' look fugly :rolleyes:

It doesn't look better than crysis but I don't expect every game to be crysis.

i use fugly as my own word:p

doesnt mean f%^&%& ugly
just a little bit better than ugly but not beautiful

EA
wow...:(

I actually think the fire looks excellent, its hard to capture fire properly in a game.

Also, those screenies scream Africa to me for some reason, which is a cool setting for a game.

look at the character model though

and ill have to look at the fire model

update:

fire does look excellent

I think it looks good...you're just spoiled...

...just like all those "No AA in BioShock?! FuX0rs them I'm not buying it" peopl...:rolleyes:

hey come on
i bought Bioshock and dont cre about the AA problems

Hey, I just changed my mind on him being as spoiled as the Bioshock AA folks (and what would the point be of asserting it anyway?)...didn't change my mind on thinking the FC2 graphics are good.

Back OT, did I notice blackened embers where the fire had aready burned grass away? I wonder how realistic that will look in motion...

I'm thinking they might be doing the motion blur like crysis making the action screens look like shit. But other than that they look great. Any graphics are 2nd to farcry's great gameplay.

i think it looks great. the fire screenshots look amazing. best looking fire in a game. its nice to see a different setting. im starting to get tired of jungle fights. this will certainly prove to be a interesting game.

What really pisses me off alot about this game. Is that they put the ejection prots for the rifle/pistol casings on the wrong side. Just so you can see it more. Pisses me off about that. BF2 had them on the correct sides and the game looked just fine.

The new PC Gamer has a HUGE preview on this... it's their cover story.

- The game *does* take place in Africa
- No mutants, everything in the game is realistic this time around
- Story involves you between two warring factions trying to get the arms dealer in the middle
- Choose from 12 different characters at the beginning (Jack Carver and that entire story is gone)
- The characters you don't choose will be your allies
- Characters may befriend or betray you, it's different every game

The game so far sounds *fantastic*. I urge everyone to spend the $5 and grab the magazine.

looks alright, dunno what to think about this game though.. kind of weird since crysis is coming out and all.. the fire does look good though :)

The new PC Gamer has a HUGE preview on this... it's their cover story.

- The game *does* take place in Africa
- No mutants, everything in the game is realistic this time around
- Story involves you between two warring factions trying to get the arms dealer in the middle
- Choose from 12 different characters at the beginning (Jack Carver and that entire story is gone)
- The characters you don't choose will be your allies
- Characters may befriend or betray you, it's different every game

The game so far sounds *fantastic*. I urge everyone to spend the $5 and grab the magazine.

Definitely sounds promising and doesn't look too bad from the few screens I've seen.

It definitely looks good. But since we are doing comparisons, it really does not look as good as Crysis.

well im definatly looking forward to my copy of pc gamer. mine always seem to come in late. thank god there are no more mutants. im kinda sick of mutants and aliens now.

Please tell me this is PC exclusive! We need more good games on our side (even if they port it later) And to whoever said this looks worse than crysis needs glasses, I'm sure in motion it looks better

Does'nt look too bad, just don't know what that grainy effect is on some of those screens.

I'm confused...

Is it Crysis or FarCry 2? It keeps changing it seems.... wtf?

Or is there now 2 different games?

.....confused.

Anyways, if you think that looks like garbage, please start making games now so I can play your super-badass game when it comes out.

Two different games.

Far Cry 2 is Ubisoft, it's going to be on PC / PS3 / 360 IIRC.

Crysis is Crytek and PC only.

Far Cry 2 is PC only for now.

The franchise will undoubtedly continue on the consoles as well, but they'll probably get bastardized versions in the vein of Instincts Predator Extremely Long and Unnecessary Subtitle

Far Cry 2 is PC only for now.

The franchise will undoubtedly continue on the consoles as well, but they'll probably get bastardized versions in the vein of Instincts Predator Extremely Long and Unnecessary Subtitle

The only reason consoles got the subtitle and the different games was because Crytek, to my knowledge, didn't work on them / didn't want to do them, so Ubisoft stepped up with a different team to make them.

IGN has already the game will be on "next generation consoles" (but didn't disclose which ones - not hard to guess there), because consoles are Ubisoft's bread and butter and there is no reason at all they will keep it PC only. They will get the same game, probably not as good as graphically, as the PC.

Looks really nice. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled out for this one and see how it shapes up. :)

looks shweet! , now lets see how it plays , fire effects are the best ive seen.

I believe FC2 and Crysis are quite similar graphically. I'd be willing to bet FC2 is running of a varient of the CryEngine2 -- the Dunia Engine? It's exciting to see they're moving to a more realistic approach to the design style and adding in things like character development.

It might not look quite as astonishing as Crysis, but after the preview I just read about it.. the gameplay, open-world environments, truly reactive and intelligent AI, non-scripted and reactive AI actions and weather (actual weather patterns) etc. it definitely puts it on the "watch closely" list for me. It looks damn good graphically already anyway, and I'm sure it will only improve as development moves forward.

I think there might be a misconception I think why people say Crysis looks way better is because Crysis is surrounded by vegitation and Sparkling Ocean, I believe that FarCry 2 takes place in a Savannah setting. I think by looking at the screens it is very simular graphically as far as texture resolution to crysis, hopefully when these games do come out there gameplay will be as pretty as there graphics.

IMG]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/krenum/14937_FarCry2Screens-14_normal.jpg[/IMG]
14938_FarCry2Screens-15_normal.jpg

14933_FarCry2Screens-10_normal.jpg

14927_FarCry2Screens-04_normal.jpg

Back