• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Far Cry 1.2 Patch?

6800GTOwned

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
204
I had heard that the 1.2 Patch was recalled because it forced gfx cards to use SM3, and that format was only supported on the nVidia cards. So I figured I'd try it (since I have a 6800 series card), and it was fun for a while, but on some levels I got some werid "critical error" where it says some kind of model couldn't load and it crashes back to the desktop.

Is the thing about 1.2 working on nVidia cards true, or was the 1.2 patch just buggy to begin with?
 
6800GTOwned said:
I had heard that the 1.2 Patch was recalled because it forced gfx cards to use SM3,
LOL, where did you hear that?

There was a long list of bug fixes in the patch, but it caused problems with (some?) ATI cards.

SM3.0 was not enabled by default and even the readme file didn't mention it. The only way to run SM3.0 mode was to add a parameter when running the game (-DEVMODE "r_sm30path 1"). That is also similar to the command needed to run Far Cry in the alternate SM2.0a path.
 
I reinstalled the 1.2 patch, and tried to load my 1st save on the Regulator level, and got this message: "Critical Error: Entity Classname Forklift classid=96 id=828d CANNOT BE LOADED." :confused:

Then it crashed back to the desktop. Any ideas?
 
pxc said:
LOL, where did you hear that?

There was a long list of bug fixes in the patch, but it caused problems with (some?) ATI cards.

SM3.0 was not enabled by default and even the readme file didn't mention it. The only way to run SM3.0 mode was to add a parameter when running the game (-DEVMODE "r_sm30path 1"). That is also similar to the command needed to run Far Cry in the alternate SM2.0a path.


Wait, so I tack on -DEVMODE to the far cry.exe file and then type "r_sm30path 1" in console right?
 
I have lots of sound problems with the patch but graphically it OWNZ. Unfortunately I lose some footsteps and other sounds here and there and my 5.1 is no longer supported. I"ve already tried the fixes for sound from the far cry forums to no avail. For me I'll have to wait till patch 1.3 comes out..and no that's not a pipe dream. some of the developers recently posted that they were still working on it and it WILL be released.

Will be fun to play with 3.0 and full on 5.1 sound.

Oh once you add that to the command line you can get rid of the yellow text with a hex editor (free online, do a search). Here's how:

Now!, for those who wanna get rid of the text messsage, here's what you have to do(before doing the editing, you better make a copy of the original file, just to be safe):

1. Get a HEX-editor(search via google, many are free to download)
2. Locate the file called "XRenderD3D9.dll" (should be in your FarCry "Bin32" library
3. Open the file via the HEX-editor and do a search for: SM30 Path Beta.
4. Now you delete the text with empty space(important, as you can't just delete the message)
5. Save the change, and fire up FarCry. You now shouldn't be able to see the message displayed anymore.

Cheers!



-DEVMODE "r_sm30path 1"
(add that to target path in shortcut)
 
6800GTOwned said:
Wait, so I tack on -DEVMODE to the far cry.exe file and then type "r_sm30path 1" in console right?


No, it works two ways, I have two shortcuts, one for single player using:

E:\programs\farcry\Bin32\FarCry.exe -DEVMODE "r_sm30path 1"


and the other for online using:

E:\programs\farcry\Bin32\FarCry.exe "r_sm30path 1"


If you use -DEVMODE online it will boot you constantly, thinking you are cheating...punkbuster sucks bad enough without giving it a reason to boot you...I get kicked alot anyways, usually when I am in the lead or battling for the lead....fucking punkbuster is GAY, it does NOT stop cheating, and it only affects the honest person that PAID for the fucking game...fuck punkbuster...it pisses me off to no end...there are several sites with working aimbots, no recoil hacks, and even a cheat that lets you be invincible as long as you are driving a vehicle.
 
So when is the updated patch coming out? Its been over a month since the 1.2 patch has been recalled.
 
saturnine2 said:
So when is the updated patch coming out? Its been over a month since the 1.2 patch has been recalled.


They are taking their sweet ass time no doubt...I wonder if it even will get released...online Far Cry is already plagued with cheats, same as CS was...it fucking ruins it for online gamers.
 
6800GTOwned said:
I reinstalled the 1.2 patch, and tried to load my 1st save on the Regulator level, and got this message: "Critical Error: Entity Classname Forklift classid=96 id=828d CANNOT BE LOADED." :confused:

Then it crashed back to the desktop. Any ideas?

i too have this same problem after installing the 1.2 patch. crap this sucks. i really dont want to reinstall this game. takes too damned long with the 5cd's swapping dance.
 
Back
Top