far cry 1.2 patch screwed up my cfarcry install.

raz-0

Supreme [H]ardness
Before 1.2 patch, it ran fine. last night as a matter of fact.

i install farcry 1.2 patch and now when it starts, it gives me a cryengine critical error looking for languages/fonts/default.xml.

There is a languages directory, but all it ahs in it is a movies directory.

Any idea how to fix this? I'm not using a nocd patch or anything like that. just retail CDs, patched to 1.1 then to 1.2 (played a lot at 1.1 patch, but that's about it).

Did fileshack hose me with some international patch that is incompatible?

raz-0

Supreme [H]ardness
well, I got it to work, aparantly you can have problems if you install the 1.2 patch over the 1.1 patch. It doesn't seem to catch this all the time, so I had to do a uninstall reinstall.

SereLaw

Limp Gawd
uninstall/reinstall runs great now for hanging at the loading pic..I just uninstalled the 1.2 patch then rebooted then reinstalled and rebooted wall la

The only problem I have with the v1.2 patch is that it won't let me load up my saves from v1.1.

I have no problem starting up a new game and then creating new v1.2 saves. But, it's a pain in the ass to have to start all over.

Also, doing a complete uninstall, then a reinstall, then a v1.2 update didn't fix the v1.1 save game loading problem.

87IROC Z

Limp Gawd
I didnt have any problems at all with the 1.2 upgrade. The game actually seems to run faster for me. And all my old saves from 1.1 work perfect. :)

Syphon Filter

2[H]4U
87IROC Z said:
I didnt have any problems at all with the 1.2 upgrade. The game actually seems to run faster for me. And all my old saves from 1.1 work perfect. :)
did you go from 1.1->1.2 or uninstall and go straight to 1.2??

SereLaw

Limp Gawd
all saved games still in place..Works great..
i feel ur pain if u had to reinstall the whole game

87IROC Z

Limp Gawd
Syphon Filter said:
did you go from 1.1->1.2 or uninstall and go straight to 1.2??
I went straight from 1.1 to 1.2 No problems at all with saved games.