I'm thinking about getting an X2 3800+ and want to OC it to at least 2.4Ghz. From what I've read, it's possible however the temps do get around 50+C on load. This is WITH a Zalman 7000B-CU fan. I currently have the 7000AlCu version and am willing to replace it in order to get the speed I need.
So I just read through the Air Cooling guide and have a couple of questions.
Something such as the Panaflo L1BX, which is capable of 27dbA and 47CFM at 2100 RPMs . . . Would that be better than say a fan with higher RPMs but a lower CFM?
What if I purchased a fan at, say 2700 RPMs but only 32CFM. Would that be considered better than the Panaflo? Or is CFMs the more important of the two?
----------------------------
On a side note, as far as case cooling. I have a Lian-Li PC-65. It's equipped with 2 front intakes, a top exhaust and a rear exahust. If I recall, the stock fans that come with the case are around 31dbA and 35-37CFM. Would I benefit from replacing them with something of greater CFM or would that not necesarilly make a difference? What about something of greater RPM? (I have no clue what their RPM is)
Thanks in advance.
So I just read through the Air Cooling guide and have a couple of questions.
Something such as the Panaflo L1BX, which is capable of 27dbA and 47CFM at 2100 RPMs . . . Would that be better than say a fan with higher RPMs but a lower CFM?
What if I purchased a fan at, say 2700 RPMs but only 32CFM. Would that be considered better than the Panaflo? Or is CFMs the more important of the two?
----------------------------
On a side note, as far as case cooling. I have a Lian-Li PC-65. It's equipped with 2 front intakes, a top exhaust and a rear exahust. If I recall, the stock fans that come with the case are around 31dbA and 35-37CFM. Would I benefit from replacing them with something of greater CFM or would that not necesarilly make a difference? What about something of greater RPM? (I have no clue what their RPM is)
Thanks in advance.