Fans you always buy for a new build

damnathan

Limp Gawd
Any of you guys have fans you always buy for a new build, and why? Of course, there may be more than one, depending on location in the case.

Disclaimer: This is both curiosity and market research for the site I'm launching very soon, this will affect pricing and promotion. So far from previous research, Scythe S-Flex and Gentle Typhoons seem to be in demand, and as a result I'll be selling them at the lowest prices on the net.

Note: You guys should check out the high end NoiseBlocker fans if you're really into quietness. I've messed with them in-house, and they're quite impressive. The downside is that they do cost more than most fans. Also, Xilence fans perform well despite their modest cost.

me personally.. i go with noctua's.. found them about a year ago and ill never buy any other fans now.. now if only they made 250mm fans so i could replace the ugly blue LED ones in my xclios windtunnel case..

I've kept my Antec tri-cool fans that came with the (old) P180B that I have. They work well at low speeds. As far as other case fans and a CPU fan, I'm a fan of the Scythe S-Flex SFF21F.

Ive always stuck with sharkoon silent eagles, both the 3 pin and se modular cable variants.

Scythe fans. I generally stick with Slipstreams.

+1, and their GT fans for any horizontal mounting, however I like to try new fans from time to time as I see them hit the stores, but I keep coming back to these.

I bought a bunch of Scythe S-Flex fans a few years ago. They perform very well in terms of reliability and airflow but I accidentally bought the 1200 RPM model, which was much louder than I had expected. I should have bought the 800 RPM model.

^^ Agreed. YL Mediums are a great medium between performance and price. Best buy all around (especially for as low as about $3 if you purchase enough for a quality build from Jab-Tech).

I bought a bunch of Scythe S-Flex fans a few years ago. They perform very well in terms of reliability and airflow but I accidentally bought the 1200 RPM model, which was much louder than I had expected. I should have bought the 800 RPM model.

These are good if you don't need them to push a lot of air.

Yate Loon medium speed fans probably have the best price/performance ratio since they only cost $3-4.

Thermaltake AF0018, its one of the FDB, i cant even hear them, my local fry's had miss labeled them, bought 3 for my case.

Scythe S-Flex

Since I have a large Folding@Home setup, i just by these in bulk.

I use the 120mm S-Flex "D" or 'E" models for exhaust fans and they move some air.

I use the "C" fans to cool my hard drives in my Lian Li Cases.

They are the best investment I have ever made.

I'd say Yate Loons for performance/price ratio and S-Flex's for full out performance.
I have a smorgasborg of fans in my case right now. 2 Tri-Cools, 2 Cooler-Master generic and 2 Yate Loon Mediums for my radiator.

Back