• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Fans with Controller

Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
537
Hey guys, I have a quick question about a fan/fan controller...

Let say I buy a Yate Loon High Speed 120mm Fan and attach it to a fan controller, can I lower the RPM down to say all the way to 800/1000PRM or maybe to the medium speed fan one?

I.E. - the fan I bought would be the YL High speed 120mm fan that runs at 2200RPM but I would like to lower the RPM to the medium speed fan at 1650RPMs, is that possible or can I only raise the RPM +/-10%

Is the +/-10% RPM on the specs sheet telling you the rate RPM can vary that much or can I only raise/lower the RPM by that much.
 
The +- 10% rpm is how much the rpm can vary stock.

Fan controllers will let you go typically from off to 5V-12V. Yate loons are very good on a fanbus, meaning they can still start at low voltages.
 
Back
Top