Fans on Tuniq Tower

Its decent. I think it puts out 70ish CFM. There are better fans out there, but rumor is they dont do any good in the tuniq tower. I would just save you rmoney. May want to look into lapping, as that may have a positive impact on temps, if your having a temp issue.
 
I'm not having temp issues, I am planning to build a budget $500 pc to replace the old downstairs PC since its slowing down. Also the CPU I am getting is OEM with no fans and planning to do a 24/7 over clock for it.
 
I haven't replaced the fan in mine yet because I've been lazy. However, the stock fan does not impress me. It seems to give decent temps but nothing I would write home about.

When I stop being lazy I'm going to take out the stock fan and toss an Antec Tricool 120mm fan into it and see how it does. That fan seems to put out a bit more CFM than that stock Tuniq fan so I'm hoping I'll get a bit better temps out of it.

The reason I say the stock fan doesn't seem to be very good is because the system I have it in has an 80mm fan mainly blowing at the northbridge heatsink and some of the air hits the Tuniq. Since that happened, the temps for the CPU dropped 2-3C and not even much of the air from the 80mm fan is actually hitting the Tuniq.

 
I would look a the noctua fans for this, I used a highspeed yate and dropped a few degrees

Maybe even the xigmatec cooler over the tuniq just because of weight savings
 
I have the Tuniq and I have to agree that the fan in it doesn't really do much. I have mine running about 1500 RPM. I have no idea what CFM its putting out. But oh well. Keeps my Core2Duo cool at 3.2. Temps are about 26 and 23. But its a very nice cooler. Might have to attach a fan to the outside to see if that helps.
 
Back
Top