Fans for push/pull with Corsair H100

jgreen

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
617
I apologize in advance for the cross post since I've also put this in the case forum as well, but I'm looking for opinions on what fans will be best suited for a push/pull arrangement with a Corsair H100 kit.

Which fans would be best to pair with the fans that are provided in the Corsair H100 kit for a push/pull arrangement? This setup will be going in the top panel of a Corsair Carbide 400R case.
 
I apologize in advance for the cross post since I've also put this in the case forum as well, but I'm looking for opinions on what fans will be best suited for a push/pull arrangement with a Corsair H100 kit.

Which fans would be best to pair with the fans that are provided in the Corsair H100 kit for a push/pull arrangement? This setup will be going in the top panel of a Corsair Carbide 400R case.

I've got 2 of the in a push/pull config on my Kuhler 920 and they work great and are VERY quiet at full rpm.
I wouldn't even hesitate to recommend you to put 4 of the in push/pull on the H100 and just ditch the stock fans altogether.
They are made for Coolermaster's CPU coolers, V8, V10 etc...

This is the thread where I posted pics of the install:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1666557

These are the fans:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103060
 
Do you care about noise? If not, get some 38mm Deltas/Sanyos :D

If not, Id go for GT's or S-Flex's.
 
Yes, noise is a concern. I want performance, but not at the expense of excessive noise.
 
You will find that Gentle Typhoons are probably the popular choice. Don't expect them to be cheap though.

However, I sort of question whether the performance of 4 gentle typhoons will actually justify the cost.
 
I don't have a way of testing the CFM. But they do move a good amount of air, I have an Antec fan that is 79 CFM and I couldn't really feel a difference when holding my hand in-front of each one @ full rpm, so they have to at least put out 69. They also are VERY quiet at full rpm.
 
Last edited:
You will find that Gentle Typhoons are probably the popular choice. Don't expect them to be cheap though.

However, I sort of question whether the performance of 4 gentle typhoons will actually justify the cost.

That's what I'm thinking. I'd like to buy just two fans that woulkd work well with the supplied fans in the kit. Ideally less than $30 delivered.
 
I have 4 GT AP-15s on push/pull on my H100. It's very quiet. I have replaced all my fans on my 650D with GTs..except the front fan.
 
Back
Top