Fans buzzing on CM 690 side panel

Superhuman

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought a Cooler Master 690 last week, and no matter what fans I put on the side panel, they have an annoying buzz when used for intake. I've tried at least 4 or 5 different fans so I know it's not the fans.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? Did I maybe screw them too tight?

Is there a way to prevent this buzzing sound?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need silence!

crappy grill design, you need to use very low rpm fans or washers/spacers, or a combination of both.

I have a 140mm Yate Loon on the side, its only silent with 3 layers of silicon spacers, and I even slightly bash out the grilling for more gap between grill and fan motor

Yes, my cousins 690 buzzes also.

If it was my case I would have already cut out the grill and used a different one.

Sanding the inside of the grill (the stamp hole edges are rough which vibrates the air to make that noise) + some rubber spacers fixed the problem completely for me.

Sanding the inside of the grill (the stamp hole edges are rough which vibrates the air to make that noise) + some rubber spacers fixed the problem completely for me.

I'll try that tomorrow after I'm done drumming.

Thanks for the tip.

I took the guts out of an old fan and used it as a spacer .. noise lvl must have dropped 50%

I had this same problem, really annoying since I really like this case. I had bought a few different fans but it wasn't them of course. Right now I have a 120 mm fan running at low enough RPM that doesn't cause any noise.

For you guys sanding or cutting the side panel, maybe you can post some pics? Never done something like that myself.

interesting I must try, what did you use to sand it?

Back