Fans blowing in or out?

VE2007

Gawd
Hi all,

I have a Quadcore 9450 and I think the temperature is a bit high, I am using Real temp:

my core temperature is around 49c
Minimum temperature is around 46c
Maximum temperature is around 46c

In the room is warm as we have central heating.

Also I have a Coolermaster 830 case with 7 x 120 coolermaster fans.
should I have the front fan blowing in, back blowing out, top blowing out
and 4 x 120 fans side panel blowing in or have them 2 blowing in and 2 blowing out?:confused:

thanks

i have the 4 on the side door and the hdd fan blowing in, with the rear and upper case fans as exhaust. i found the upper fan is the most important for getting the exhaust air out, as i can feel the heat rising out of the case while i'm gaming.

i have the 4 on the side door and the hdd fan blowing in, with the rear and upper case fans as exhaust. i found the upper fan is the most important for getting the exhaust air out, as i can feel the heat rising out of the case while i'm gaming.

What about your side panel are they blowing in or out? thanks
sorry I just read it properly blowing in

I think that is a bit high for that CPU. I have the Q9450 and I'm at about 23c idle and 29c load (overclocked to 3.5). I have the TJ09 with about seven 120mm fans. The fans that are blowing out are the 2 top blow holes and the rear case fan.

Front blows in, rear exhausts, side should blow cold air into the case and top fans should exhaust rising hot air out.

I think that is a bit high for that CPU.

+1

my Q6600 idles in the high 30's, and my room isnt very cool either

Front blows in, rear exhausts, side should blow cold air into the case and top fans should exhaust rising hot air out.

ya, the side fans blow air onto gpu, cpu and northbridge. i have 4x120's on the side panel hooked up to a front panel fan controller. the side panel fans made a massive difference on the gpu temperature, but no noticeable affect on the cpu

Have you checked your connection of your heatsink to your CPU? Make sure there is not any blobs of thermal paste or places where the heatsink is not getting enough thermal paste as this could most likely be the reason why your temps are up. Also, do you have a temp sensor between your CPU and heatsink? as this could cause temps to rise as well. As far as fan placement goes, i would go with what Varatek said.

My rear fan is exhaust, the top fan is exhaust, one side fan exhaust and one side fan blowing in. The front fan ih the 4 in 3 is blowing in, but the biggest drop in CPU temp came from adding a second 120mm fan above the 4 in 3 blowing in. I used an extra fan brackect from the fan door to mount the second front fan.

My rear fan is exhaust, the top fan is exhaust, one side fan exhaust and one side fan blowing in. The front fan ih the 4 in 3 is blowing in, but the biggest drop in CPU temp came from adding a second 120mm fan above the 4 in 3 blowing in. I used an extra fan brackect from the fan door to mount the second front fan.

i really wanted to mount another 120 up front above the 4-in-3, but i stashed all of my spare cabling in that area plus my opticals are too invasive, thus it wouldn't do any good nor would i be able to fit one.

When I use Core temp it shows 49 to 51 idle.
and with Real temp is shows 41 idle big difference

I have tried something different my side fans instead of 4 blowing in
I made top 2 blowing out and bottom 2 blowing in and made a bit of difference.

my core temperature was around 49c now around 38 to 40 c

Minimum temperature was around 46c now around 37 to 40 c

Maximum temperature was around 46c now around 40 to 43 c

Back