Fangrills remove them?

awdark

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Mar 22, 2003
Messages
1,633
Do you think fangrills make much difference in the overall output of the fan in both air capacity and noise?

A couple pictures of my case fan and psu fan is attached
fan1.jpg

fan2.jpg

fan3.jpg


The reason I dont just go ahead and chop the inner metal fan grills out is.. well I dont have the tools for it (probably will use wirecutters or other tools) and I cant figure out how to get past the plastic besides punching it in.
If it is advisable to remove the metal then I will attempt to figure out how to dismantle and remove otherwise if it isnt worth it then I will save my time

Thanks for reading this
 
if it's exhaust i wouldn't worry too much. if it's intake then i would definitely suggest it.
 
Thanks for the reply
Yeah they are exhaust so I guess Ill just leave them alone
 
actually i found that removing grills similar to your's dosn't increase air flow, but might reduce noise. That of course depends how loud your system already is and may not make a noticable difference at all.

on the cheaper cases where just holes are drilled, then definately cut them out for increased air flow.
 
Back
Top