Fan store?

Corvette

[H]ard|Gawd
Where do you buy fans when there's no MC or Fry's nearby? I see fan deals online then get blown away by shipping.

Koolertek has some really nice prices on fans, and their shipping is reasonable.

I tried to order from Performance PCs, and I couldn't ship to an address other than my billing address.

My billing address is in the States, but I'm living and working in the Caribbean and use a postage fowarding service in Florida to ship all my stuff down here fairly quickly and safely. But, even after calling Performance PCs, I couldn't work out a scenario where they woud let me buy from them.

They required my credit card company to have the alternate address 'authorized', but when I asked my credit card company to do so, they informed that they only keep one authorized address per account - the billing address.

So I couldn't work out this conflict with Performance PCs, and they lost my business, unfortunately.

For comparison's sake, I've successfully used Amazon, Newegg, TigerDirect, ProVantage, FrozenCPU, Dazmode, and the Koolance online store all without issue (well, TigerDirect kind of gives me problems sometimes, so I don't really use them much.)

Performance PCs has a huge selection which others cannot match... but their prices aren't the best, nor is their service.

Sidewinder for anything cooling. Selection is not tremendous, but the service and shipping are the most reasonable anywhere.....and if you don't see it, ask. I have been using them almost exclusively for a couple years now, except for hardware.

Performance for selection, shipping not so much. Alot of people bitch about their service, but I've always had good service and help there. I have had some custom work done there and it was very well done and to my specs.

FrozenCpu is a tad pricey.

newegg not the place for simple cooling items.

Jab-tech is great a great shop if you're going to buy fans. The customer service is top notch as well.

My favs have been mentioned:

sidewinder and petrastechshop
jab-tech
svc
koolertek
frozenCPU

and then for those hard-to-find sanyo denki fans: newark (or a surplus store... I'd have to hunt for that link)

svc is convenient for me, as I live right in the Bay Area and can do a pickup whenever I go visit Fry's or relatives. Not to mention the constant sale on the 120mm Cooler Master fans for $5. Those fans are awesome. Variable speed built in, with a temperature sensor for automatic adjustment.

Koolertek has some really nice prices on fans, and their shipping is reasonable.

Thanks for mentioning us. Here is a code for you guys for 5% off any order:

HF5OFF

Good through 6/14.

Enjoy.

-Nathan

Awesome, thanks damnathan.

I was about to order some fans and water cooling stuff, been waiting a while to make sure I know what I'm going to build first. Looks like I'll have to go buy something now =D (won't be the first time I bought something there).

D: the tubing I wanted (Primochill UV Blue 1/2" ID 3/4" OD) is out of stock. Any idea when it will be in stock again?

Last edited:
SVC is horrible, my top #2 fan stores are frozencpu, and Jab-tech

Also I have to report I find SVC to be great. Whenever I place orders from there I get it in 2 days flat. From Cali to Wisconsin.

Ordered my Scythe GTs a couple of weeks ago from Petras. Reasonable shipping compared to others.

Also I have to report I find SVC to be great. Whenever I place orders from there I get it in 2 days flat. From Cali to Wisconsin.

Lots of the fans that SCV labels as "Silent" are incredibly loud! I'm talking about no where close to silent. Then they won't let me return them! What false advertising!

Back