• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Fan Speed?

TopGun

Gawd
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
766
Hi, I just recently got my XFX 8600GT from Newegg,
I love the card and think it was worth every penny. But don't
cards slow their fan down when in 2d mode?

Temps are:
45*c Idle
53*c load

Is my idle temp to high or would using the older drivers
cause this? I was going to get the latest ones but was busy
when i installed the card yesterday.

-Thanks
TopGun
 
45 idle and 53 load......Are you crazy??? I would kill for temps that low on air cooling. Im at 50C idle and 69-72C load. Your GPU sounds almost like my CPU. 36 idle and 48C load. Of course im running a 600Mhz overclock on air cooling :D
 
45 idle and 53 load......Are you crazy??? I would kill for temps that low on air cooling. Im at 50C idle and 69-72C load. Your GPU sounds almost like my CPU. 36 idle and 48C load. Of course im running a 600Mhz overclock on air cooling :D

Yea pretty good for the stock cooling, Although I ran the Nvidia smoke demo and it went
way up there. My sempron idles at about 27*c and loads at about 35*c. But your system probably blows mine away anyways.
 
Back
Top