Fan Setup Help

BTK17

Weaksauce
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
102
Basically I want to redo my fan setup since my 8800GTX dump a lot of heat.

Here are the fans I have an the available places to put them.

FM121
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999344

Scythe
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185059

x3 Thermaltake BLUE LED
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999127

Stock Tuniq Tower 120 Fan

x3 Stock CM690 Case Fans

--------------------

I have available

REAR
x2 TOP
SIDE PANEL
BOTTOM RIGHT
FRONT FAN WHERE HD CAGE IS

-----------

PROJECTED SETUP

Use FM121 as Rear Exhaust
Use 2 Fans for Top Exhaust (Not sure Which ones)
Use stock Fan in Tuniq Tower
Leave the stock fan behind HD cage

This leaves the bottom right fan by the PSU which is here for intake
cm690sideoff1mv8.jpg


Then I want to do a fan mod for the GTX like this
36867789lc7.jpg


I don't want to use the stock CM690 fans for it because they dont move a lot of air. Would the fan mod conflict with the fan by bottom right of psu? and do I have to remove plastic shroud for fan mod?


And then if I have 2 fans blowing air down away from GTX shouldent side panel be exhaust and high CFM to get air out and ditch fan mod?

Or should I have a higher CFM blowing on the GTX like the scythe?

Then I want to put a fan as intake in the drive bays and i guess the only option i would have is the last cm 690 stock........

------------

suggestions?
 
nevermind i strapped a sycthe on the gtx grill with side panel exhuast high cfm

loads at 65c now
 
Back
Top