• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fan on 9800 Pro busted, need help!

RoffleCopter

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 8, 2005
Messages
1,910
Well, the title says all. The stock fan on my Powercolor 9800 Pro keeps coming out, so I need a replacement cooler for this thing. I'm a real n00b at this, so can someone please help me?

I need help with the following:

What kind of cooler would be good for a 9800 pro? I don't mine a dual slot solution, I just need something that is sturdy and would be much better than the stock cooler. Something under 30 USD would be really nice too.

How do I go about removing the old HSF? Should I remove any residue left over after removing, and should I buy AS5 for good measure?

Thanks a million in advance for all your help.
 
I recommend a Vantec Iceberg plus a fresh coat of artic silver 3 or 5 on gpu core :D

oldmx
 
Would you recommend it over the Arctic Cooling ATi Silencer 1? I was doing a search at frozencpu.com and Silencer 1 seems fit for my needs.
 
i use an artic cooler revision 3. im not sure if they still make it.
 
Well now that I know which one I'm getting, how do I go about removing the old heatsink from the card?
 
RoffleCopter said:
Would you recommend it over the Arctic Cooling ATi Silencer 1? I was doing a search at frozencpu.com and Silencer 1 seems fit for my needs.

No, Silencers are the greatest coolers, but i missed the " I don't mind a dual slot solution" :(

oldmx
 
Back
Top