Fan Noise Elimination suggestions?

redrocksout

Weaksauce
I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything that would help reduce the noise all 6 of my case fans are making. i dont want to reduce speeds because i need the cooling. anything on newegg? i dont know what to search for?

There are three things you can do:

- reduce the speed at which the fans spin
- buy fans which produce less noise
- prevent vibrations from the fans to travel to the case and other parts which might amplify those vibrations.

Elledan said:
- reduce the speed at which the fans spin
Install a fanbus, rheobus, PWM circuit, or the tried and true 7V trick ...
Elledan said:
- buy fans which produce less noise
If you already have the fans, this might not be an option. I used to like Panaflo for high CFM to low db ratio. Been awhile, so there are probably better options now.
Elledan said:
- prevent vibrations from the fans to travel to the case and other parts which might amplify those vibrations.
Mount the fans through rubber grommets. Drill out the fan mounts a little larger, insert grommet, screw fan back on.

Also, why do you have 6 fans? Are you SURE you need that many - what are their sizes, placement, and direction (pushing air in, or sucking it out)? Do you water cool? Air cooled?

If you have that many fans and absolutely need them running at stock speed, then you have more problems than fan noise ....

Back