Fan-Made “StarCraft” MMO

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Check out this trailer for StarCraft Universe. Don’t you think this looks insanely well made for a fan project? Interestingly, Blizzard isn’t shutting this one down.

The tale of StarCraft Universe goes way back to 2011, when a group of modders headed by Ryan Winzen announced that they'd made a mod for StarCraft II that turned the real-time strategy game into a MMO kind of like that other game of Blizzard's with orcs and purple elves. Appropriately enough, they even called it World of StarCraft. Blizzard bristled, and within hours YouTube pulled Winzen's videos showing his progress. In the uproar, League of Legends developer Riot even offered Winzen to apply for a position at the studio.

If it weren't for the voice over, it would seem ok. I'm just "over" that whole look to things.

As a fan of World of Warcraft that looks amazing. Raiding in WoW was a fantastic experience (if you had a competent guild that was consistent, many people did not have that luxury though).

looks really good for fan made but it sounds like optimus prime doing the voice over.

lol i agree. right when i heard the voice i'm like wtf that's optimus prime.. but i mean it does fit pretty well so it's not that bad.

As a fan of World of Warcraft that looks amazing. Raiding in WoW was a fantastic experience (if you had a competent guild that was consistent, many people did not have that luxury though).
So long as it didn't have welfare epics and 4 raid difficulties, I'm fine with this.

I remember this way back in the day. I also remember when Blizzard locked them down for a short period over the name and then gave them mad props for the mod.

I've been following this since..... 2013?

My, how it's grown!

Re-DLing now.

Open beta now with Full Release in a month? Done and done.

(Don't forget, Peter Cullen aka Optimus, also did all the old school Toonami promos)

See here:

Thank you for that link. Man that took me back haha.

Back