• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

fan install advice please

Forealz

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 7, 2007
Messages
253
Hi guys
I've noticed that my northbridge heatsink gets quite hot on my motherboard. A week ago I purchased a small fan to mount on top of it, figuring it would come with screws or something to mount it. Well, it showed up and it came with no screws or anything, just the fan. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can mount it on the heatsink? I'm thinking of how to use rubber bands atm lol.
 
Or possibly go to the hardware store and buy some screws that are long enough and just wide enough to bite into the heatsink fins slightly to grip it on.
 
Back
Top