skeeder
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Jul 9, 2004
- Messages
- 1,316
Howdy folks,
My recent HTPC Build in a silverstone GD09 case has presented a bit of a situation that I'm trying to figure out.
My desktop computer has had a 5.25" Fan controller since 2004, a very simple, knob controller for the fans, it works great...very simple and easy to use. (Recall PWM didn't exist back then).
Now with this build, designed for some light gaming and Bluray playback, I'm having issues with heat and noise. My motherboard has 2x PWM headers, one for the intel heatsink the other has a PWM fan on it. I have two more fans I'd like to install, but they are 3 pin and would be very loud.
Do you know if there is a PWM controller that can control 3 pin fans like my very simple fan controller does?
If I cannot find one I may end up just doing a PWM splitter so I have 3 fans at the same speed.
My recent HTPC Build in a silverstone GD09 case has presented a bit of a situation that I'm trying to figure out.
My desktop computer has had a 5.25" Fan controller since 2004, a very simple, knob controller for the fans, it works great...very simple and easy to use. (Recall PWM didn't exist back then).
Now with this build, designed for some light gaming and Bluray playback, I'm having issues with heat and noise. My motherboard has 2x PWM headers, one for the intel heatsink the other has a PWM fan on it. I have two more fans I'd like to install, but they are 3 pin and would be very loud.
Do you know if there is a PWM controller that can control 3 pin fans like my very simple fan controller does?
If I cannot find one I may end up just doing a PWM splitter so I have 3 fans at the same speed.