Fan for Qpack

cbecknet

Limp Gawd
I'm building my system and already dichted the aspire branded fan. I was wondering what type of fan you guys recommend for the case. I'm more into quiet fans, like a Nexus, but since its the only system fan, should I go for a fan with a little higher rpms to move a little more air.

Here's my specs:
X2 3800+ w/ Zalman 7000 Cu
Asus A8N-VM CSM
Antec Neo HE 500
WD 74GB Raptor
WD 320GB Caviar SE
XFX 7800GT XXX w/Zalman VF700 Cu
Lite-On SHM-165H6S

EZtarget

Limp Gawd
I went with an Antec 120 mm, 3 speed red LED fan. It's quiet, and really moves the air. Also I'm using it as an intake instead of an exaust......EZ

cbecknet

Limp Gawd
I was planning on using for intake with a filter to have positive pressure in the case. What speed are you running it at? Is it one of the tri-cool fans?

aiya

[H]ard|Gawd
in my situation, i tried making the fan an intake but the place where i put my qpack just sucks back hot air from the psu so i put it back as a exhaust but thats just me YMMV. my cpu temps where too high so i flipped it back for that reason.

i'm using a antec 3 speed fan myself i took off my preivous case. its quiet on the lowest setting but isn't on the other 2 settings. moves enough air to make a difference. i'm only using this fan because i had it and didn't want to buy another one. if you want a quiet 120mm fan then the nexus is a good one or you can keep the aspire fan and just put it on a fan controller, i'm pretty sure you have one laying around.

mr-busta

Weaksauce
Yeah, surprisingly the Aspire fan runs pretty quiet undervolted. You might want to give that a shot first.

EZtarget

Limp Gawd
I'm running my fan on the middle setting, I think it works great....EZ

cbecknet said:
I was planning on using for intake with a filter to have positive pressure in the case. What speed are you running it at? Is it one of the tri-cool fans?

Grimdj

Limp Gawd
I just traded the stock one off my Centurion. Nice and cool in my case, but not too loud.

floflooo

n00b
mr-busta said:
Yeah, surprisingly the Aspire fan runs pretty quiet undervolted. You might want to give that a shot first.
I agree on that. At 5V, I found it amazingly efficient and quiet!

cbecknet

Limp Gawd
Thanks for all the replys, I have a nexus I can put in it. I was just wondering 40cfm was enough air movement to keep everything cool.