Fan for North Bridge Chipset?

isai95

Limp Gawd
Which is a good fan for this chip? My motherboard north bridge has a sink but it gets very hot and I want to cool it a bit. What size would be better? 35mm, 40mm? I'd like a very quiet one, perhaps under 20db

please dont use all caps in titles, its considered yelling :)

40mm would be the easiest size to find that would work easily on a chipset.. or a custom chipset cooler... im sure somone will have a better detailed suggestion

Personally I like the idea of using the Antec Spot Cool fan the best.

Thermaltake Extrme Spirit II is also a Great Choice, but it about 20$ or so. I used one and it was GREAT, temps came and stayed WAY down

How do you guys mount these things? (with the exception of the Extreme Spirit II, as that ones obvious)

Hot glue, Wire clip (Think Paperclip bending) Sometimes you can get a screw to screw right into the heatsink

please dont use all caps in titles, its considered yelling :)

40mm would be the easiest size to find that would work easily on a chipset.. or a custom chipset cooler... im sure somone will have a better detailed suggestion
Sorry about the caps and posting on the wrong place.
The other thing that I was thinking was to measure the sink and get the one that fits the sink.

Second the suggestion for the Mini-Kaze. Got one on my SB and it's darned silent and moves a lot of air for its size. One of the best buys in small fans I've ever found.

Back