• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Fan Filters

demciflex has a whole line, and theyre magnetic so you can either stick em straight to a case, or if you ahve an aluminum case, just put their magnetic stickers on the inside for mounting.
 
I saw those when I was looking. Have you used them before? I'd be using them for the top of my Corsair Obsidian 800D with a H100 once that comes out. Trying the whole positive pressure thing to reduce dust and also like the idea of using the H100 as an intake to get cool air from outside instead of warm air from within the case.

edit: referring to the demciflex not the panyhose
 
i'll be honest, i've never tried it, but i have some on order right now. I'm putting a steel radiator grille on my case as an intake, and the demciflex is very close in size, so it should just snap on and look all pretty-like.
 
i'll be honest, i've never tried it, but i have some on order right now. I'm putting a steel radiator grille on my case as an intake, and the demciflex is very close in size, so it should just snap on and look all pretty-like.

Please update me with how that goes. I am definitely interested because my current pc is dusty (despite somewhat regular cleaning) and I'd like to avoid that with the new one.
 
I didn't like Demciflex filters. They worked well at filtering, but mine made a terrible air turbulence noise when the fan behind it was strong enough (GT1850).
 
I didn't like Demciflex filters. They worked well at filtering, but mine made a terrible air turbulence noise when the fan behind it was strong enough (GT1850).

they seem to work well if you slap them on the front of a radiator with a fan mounted on the other side in pull config.
perhaps to resolve the filters from flapping about / turbulence, mount them to a frame. like a gutted fan?
 
Back
Top