• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fan driving me insane.

shadowbreaker513

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,410
I was working on the wiring in my computer today and accidently broke off the 2 pin connector for the fan controller on it. I didn't think this was a big deal as it was themally controlled anway. It is thermally controlled, but not very well. It has a tendecy to pulse; spin up too cool down, slow down once cool, the spin immidiatly back up again 2 seconds later when the heat goes up. It also sounds like the back fan needs oil or something, as it has a high pitched whirring sound. I'm planning on getting a new psu as soon as possible, but until then, would it be a bad idea thermally and in general to stick a pencil or something in the fan to stop it from spinning? There would still be the fan above the processor spinning, I would just stop the one in back.
 
Back
Top