Fan Controller??

Coloredtoad

Weaksauce
Hi i have a Scythe 4 fan controller with 3 gentle typhoons and a case fan on it. The fans are 5400rpm (yes beastly and loud ) I am not sure the controller can even handle these fans. The temp and rpm read outs worked for the first 2 times i had turned the pc on. Now the lights are off and the knobs wont lower the rpm at all. I think the fans killed the controller so i ask What fan controller can work with these beasts?? Anyone know of any?:confused:

Lamptron FC5v2 controllers are rated for 30W/channel. That'll handle a few 5400rpm fans.

Check out the amperage ratings on the fans. Then multiply it by 12, that would give you the wattage. Then, get a fan controller that has at least that wattage on one channel.

Keep in mind startup current is significantly higher then steady state. Test with multimeter and finger in the fan to measure locked rotor. You will only get about 2 to 6 seconds before controller on fan goes into protection mode so look at measurment fast

I been meaning to design/build a high efficiency 4 to 12v 0 to 5 amp controller for a while, I should probably see if anyone else is interested in a fully automated/beastly controller

ERRRRR I guess these fans can not be controlled via any fan controller. I got the Lamptron FC2 plenty of wattage for the gentle typhoons 5400rpm. I have it all installed correctly and they have no effect on the Typhoons :( What do i need to do to lower the rpm of these things?? If a fan controller wont work wth will

if the fans only have 2 wires I don't think a rheostat will be able to control the speed.

you have a power wire and a ground, I believe a third wire would be needed for speed control.

if the fans only have 2 wires I don't think a rheostat will be able to control the speed.

you have a power wire and a ground, I believe a third wire would be needed for speed control.

The sycthe Kaze master uses voltage to control fan speed.

The gentle tyhpoons have a 3 pin and molex power . So the are not fan controller controlabe??

Back