Fan controller

daragon

Limp Gawd
I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it.

I'm building a new watercooling system, and looking for a fan controller, but I'm having trouble finding one that does what I want and is reliable.

Requirements:
1: At least 1 temperature probe
2: Ability to power at least 5 fans. 3 for the radiator and 2 for the case (If I can run the 3 radiator fans off 1 plug so be it).
3: Ability to set the fan speed manually, and set the controller to adjust the fan speed based on the temperature of the probe.

I don't care about LCD screens, as long as it somehow display's the temperature. I'd like to have knobs for the fan adjustment, but that's not important.

I don't feel like that's asking too much. The Koolance case I'm upgrading from has something very similar, and I'd like to keep the same functionality. I've seen the stand alone Koolance controllers, but don't know much about them. Post your suggested fan controllers and how you like them.

I used mCubed T-balancer with 2 digital sensors that adjust my fans from 0RPM-1100RPM depending on how hot the probes are reading. So unless i'm gaming, or watching videos or something, only one of my 2 radiators will actually have fans blowing threw it at 600rpm. During gaming, all 4 will kick on at 1100rpm once the temp's go up. It can also run a mcp355 pump.

I used mCubed T-balancer with 2 digital sensors that adjust my fans from 0RPM-1100RPM depending on how hot the probes are reading. So unless i'm gaming, or watching videos or something, only one of my 2 radiators will actually have fans blowing threw it at 600rpm. During gaming, all 4 will kick on at 1100rpm once the temp's go up. It can also run a mcp355 pump.

This sounds interesting, so I explored their website a bit. Only thing that concerns me is that their software hasn't been updated since 2008 and doesn't mention anything about Win 7 support.

What OS are you running? Can you truly configure the device from inside Windows? What if you're running some other OS?

Runs fine in Win 7 64bit. And once you program it within windows with the response curves, you can unplug it from the system, and it runs by itself if you want which is how mine is. Software isnt great, and support isnt to great either. But it runs like a champ after it's set.

Runs fine in Win 7 64bit. And once you program it within windows with the response curves, you can unplug it from the system, and it runs by itself if you want which is how mine is. Software isnt great, and support isnt to great either. But it runs like a champ after it's set.

sok0. Thanks.:cool: This is important information for me, because I'm planning to get the Corsair 800D or maybe the 700D case, and I would like to preserve the somewhat austere appearance of the case. That means not putting in a drive-bay fan controller with a too-bright LCD display and knobs that stick out of the case.

Set-it-and-forget-it is more my preference. :D

Back