Fan controller; which one?

fannypad

n00b
I'm looking for a low cost four-channel fan controller with simple rotary controls that makes it simple to switch four 12V fans to 7V or 5V and back again.

Any suggestions?

Make sure you get the one that turns off, they have two that fit into a 3.5 port. One only slows the fans down or full speed, the other gets 0-full speed. I made the mistake of getting the wrong one. The amount of fan control I have with this one is just stupid/useless.

Thanks for the replies, I'll most likely get the Nexus controller as the ability to turn the fans off is a must.

The Rheobus looks good but I can't find it for sale in the UK.

Just out of interest, is there a fan controller that has a smaller range of adjustment (say, down to 7V only) and a button or switch to just turn each fan off entirely? Would be more convenient than having to rotate knobs all the time.

+1 for the Sunbeam Rheobus. The knobs have great feel to them and the LEDs change color when you go above 7v.
The LEDs are bright as hell...even with a resistor mod.

Sunbeam Rheobus is probably the best one I have found out there thats really cheap.

However, currently I use the Zalman fan controller, the zm-mfc1 i think its called, and its about $20-25 and works well, the only complaint is there is no off, it just goes from 5V and then variable between 5V and 12V VIA Rheobus control.

The sunbeam gets my vote too.....

They call it a sunbeam because the LEDs are bright as the sun.. Or something.. <sigh>

I'm OCD so the fact the LEDs change color at 7v lets me set the speeds all the same.. :)

Back