Fan Control on the 8800's in Vista Using 158.18

DeChache

Supreme [H]ardness
How do you change the fan speed on a 8800GTS in Vista using the newest drivers. I have tried Ntune Rivatuner and Coolbits. None of them let me change the fan settings. My card is baking at 69C idle.

There has to be a way to do this.

THere is no way I know of doing this with VISTA at the moment unless you go back to use ntune and the 100.65 driver set where fan control is still enabled.

I really don't want to roll back drivers.

I guess Ill just keep my card under clocked until some drivers that allow fan control come out.

I tried using the Gainward program to control the fan... but I don't think it works. I set it to 100% and didn't hear my card's fan moving any faster and temps didn't go down.

Meh.... just throw an extra fan in your case blowing on the card, works better than any fan on your video card, haha.

and 69C idle? man, mine was idling at 75c until I put a 120mm fan blowing on it... now it idles at 66c

I think once school gets out I'm going to take off the fan shroud and strap and 120mm fan to the heatsink and see what happens.

Try to put the fan in a place where it can blow over the whole card, heatsink and the opposite side.... even after being in use, the heatsink obviously doesn't get super-hot, but the back of the card sure does.

has anyone tried to buy the female to male adapter to plug the Video Card fan into open systemboard fan plug 3pin to 4pin i guess, so you can use your bios to adjust your GPU FAN ? or use the bios to set the min max theramal temp like you would for the CPU..Only prblem i would see is fan at full speed right ,but that cant be all that bad can it?

has anyone tried to make an adapter to plug the Video Card fan into open systemboard fan plug 3pin i guess, so you can use your bios to adjust your GPU FAN ? or use the bios to set the min max theramal temp like you would for the CPU..Only prblem i would see is fan at full speed right ,but that cant be all that bad can it?

Thats about what I'm going for but I don't remember what the fan connector looks like.

Im picking up a 8800GTS320 next week and will probally overclock it ...My motherboard Bios supports The Ambiant case temp and has options in bios to run fan High med Low depending on system temp and at full speed...I just need to find a long enuff extesion to reach the board seeing i can run Systemfan1 for my GPU ....and ive put an Zalman mini fan on my northbribge heatsink that used to get a lil hot with my oc...

Does anyone know if the Fan plug for 8800GTS a 4pin or 3pin cuz my board is 3pin i dont care if fan is full time high i just want my rig to stay well cool:D

Back