• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

fan control on laptop

ColdCrow

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
289
Is there anyway to change at what temp the fan should spin on my inspiron E1405. I it only goes on when it reaches like 70C I want it to go on before 70. Is this possible?
 
Maybe in the BIOS it might have settings, I know there is a App for macbooks that you can manually adjust, but I don't know of any for Windows, you should google it and see.
 
I looked in the bios, Dell doesn't offer any options for any customizing lol. Ever since I changed the thermal compound the temps are much lower and the fan never goes on anymore, only during boot up. Wish I could change it to go on at a lower temp now. I'll look around for something. Thanks
 
I looked in the bios, Dell doesn't offer any options for any customizing lol. Ever since I changed the thermal compound the temps are much lower and the fan never goes on anymore, only during boot up. Wish I could change it to go on at a lower temp now. I'll look around for something. Thanks

most laptop cpu fans are setup to the thermal temps to control fan speed.. only way to change them would be to do it in the bios.. but very rarely do they ever give you access to that.. its really not going to make a difference if its on or off.. laptop cpu's are rated for insane temps..
 
Back
Top