• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Fan Connection?

Format _C:

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 12, 2001
Messages
4,190
I bought a bounch I bare wire fans from Ebay 12( For $20) of Them 38 CFM Panaflos no connections just 3 wires. Red Yellow Black. I connectected Yellow to yellow Red To red and Black to black On Molex and it spins slowly. And the Ebay Guy Said they were RPM monitoring How do I connect that?
 
Ignore the yellow wire. Just leave it hanging, with no connection.

Red to red
Black to black
Yellow to nothing
 
Ok thanks It works full speed now. So much for Color Matching :confused: But what about my RPM feature?
 
I actually have a whole bunch of 3 Pin Connectors (Dead Fans) So I will just do that so much for RPM on my first fan. I think 12 V killed the RPM chip oh well 11 more. in molex Black GND RED 5V Yellow 12V right?
Thanks
 
red wire on the fan = 12V
black wire on the fan = ground
yellow wire on the fan = RPM monitor

So your red wire on the fan will go to the yellow wire on the molex connector for your drives.

The black wire will go to the black wire.

The yellow wire on the fan can be ignored if you don't want/need the RPM monitoring, or you can connect it to the motherboard.
 
Originally posted by Format _C:
I actually have a whole bunch of 3 Pin Connectors (Dead Fans) So I will just do that so much for RPM on my first fan. I think 12 V killed the RPM chip oh well 11 more. in molex Black GND RED 5V Yellow 12V right?
Thanks

in molex those are the right colors but as saver just said they are different on the fans
 
Back
Top