Fan Bracket?

Towermax

Limp Gawd
A few years ago, I recall seeing a versatile rectangular fan bracket that was affixed to the PCI card slot screws. It could hold fans of different sizes in different orientations parallel or perpendicular to the motherboard. The fans could be positioned anywhere along the bracket, so you could easily cool a specific area.

Of course, now that I could use one, I can't remember what it was called or who made it. Anyone got any ideas?

Something like this ? Probably not... :(
I remember some other models with a "rail system", but the fans where adjustable only on the horizontal axis and you couldn't flip them.

A few years ago, I recall seeing a versatile rectangular fan bracket that was affixed to the PCI card slot screws. It could hold fans of different sizes in different orientations parallel or perpendicular to the motherboard. The fans could be positioned anywhere along the bracket, so you could easily cool a specific area.

Of course, now that I could use one, I can't remember what it was called or who made it. Anyone got any ideas?

think you might be referring to this - Sunbeam 'Wherever PCI Rack'
http://www.sunbeamtech.com/PRODUCTS/WHEREVER PCI RACK/WHEREVER PCI RACK.html

not sure where you'd get one now tho i bought mine years ago.
used in several of my builds. using just the arms to do this in one of my builds...
PC-71_modpic012.jpg

not really the way 'sunbeam' intended it be used (missing the bracket that sits on top of the PCI screws) but the thing was so damn versatile, couldn't help myself.

OK, I emailed SunbeamTech, and found out that they have quit making this product.

So, a web search turned up one place that had them--SpecialTech in the UK. I ordered the last two they had.

Back