fan and light controller

poddo

2005 [H]orde|Bowl Champion
I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm looking for a controller to work my lights and fans, and maybe show the temp (not mandatory as I probably won't be OC'ing, but i might). Would something like this work? http://www.thermaltake.com/accessories/a2259hardcano13/a2259hardcano13.htm

Or would that only work my fans?

Forgot to mention I have a Thermaltake Tsunami dream, with a front door, so the controller would need to be low profile.

edit: I think I answered my own quetion now, if I get one to control the fans, and another for the lights, that should work, right? Or would the lights not hook up correctly?

I think you could connect a ccfl or any 12volt light to that controller.It might need some modding on the connectors and turn the voltage, of that specific chanel, all the way down before you hook up the light or whatever.
It goes up to 18Watts powersupply.I've got a 30cm CCFL connected to a 18W PSU.
I use this one by Sharkoon

No hazard involved. ;)

Grtz

I think this is what you're looking for:
Sunbeam Lightbus Advanced Light Controller

I've never used it, never read any reviews of it, and don't fully understand how it works after looking at the connections on the rear but it controls multiple light sources, has sound activation, has a mess of different options, etc.

Yeah, go with the Sunbeam. I read a review of it somewhere, linked from [H]ardOCP main page I think, and they said it did what it was supposed to.

I am using the Sunbeam light controller in a mod I am working on right now.

The upside is that all of your light connectors plug into the controller. That helps tidy up a lot of wires.

The downside is that it doesn't support enough "effects" modes. You can tell each channel to respond to sound, hard drive activity, fade in and out, or just turn it on full blast. You can also run all 4 channels together as a light show. There's quite a few animated gifs of the thing in action to give you an idea of what it does.

Do any of you use the Sunbeam in a case with a door? Are the knobs recessed at all to allow a door to close? I also have a Tsunami and need something exactly like this...

Couldnt you just mount it further back into the bay? Should be possible? Right?

Thunder said:
Couldnt you just mount it further back into the bay? Should be possible? Right?

That's what I was thinking, I just wanted to make sure it would be feasible.

But it would look like ass. That, and you'd have to modify the mounting holes onthe controller or the case (if it doesn't have slots).

SarverSystems said:
But it would look like ass. That, and you'd have to modify the mounting holes onthe controller or the case (if it doesn't have slots).

Heh, I guess that's why there would be door covering it...

Back