Fan Adjusts To Heat..But Which One?!? Confused..

afropuff

Limp Gawd
Hello All,

I have a problem. When it has gotten hotter in my apartment, one of the fans in my computer kicks in after a while when it is hotter than normal.

This is very annoying because it can get VERY loud.

The problem is that I have no idea which fan it is.

I have an MSI K8N neo2 mobo.

I first thought it was the NB or CPU fan, but I ruled those out after using Core center and setting the fans to VERY LOW speeds (2/8 on each) and the noise never changed, eventhough Core Center showed the two fans at around 1500 RPM(which is WAY below normal RPM).

I know it's not my video card fan because it is on an Arctic Cool V3 and all my case fans are connected right into the PSU and never touch the mobo.

That only allows room for my Fortron 530.

Does anyone know if the Fortron 530 has some sort of heat sensor in it that adjusts dynamically the fan speed????

Or maybe I looked something over?

Ideas?

thanks!!

EDIT: Let me add that trying to hear which fan is making the noise isn't working.

-fro

Fortron PSUs has a feature called noise killer which which controls fan's speed - and from what I've heard it can get pretty loud indeed...

TheMostWantedPolishTwin said:
Fortron PSUs has a feature called noise killer which which controls fan's speed - and from what I've heard it can get pretty loud indeed...

is there a way to regulate it or cool down the PSU?

Back