False Advertisement by B&H Photo.

Fixall

[H]ard|Gawd
I just purchased an IOGEAR Kaliber Gaming MECHLITE mechanical keyboard from B&H Photo with the understanding that the keyboard came equipped with Cherry MX Brown switches. In fact... On the product page (https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...0l_bn_kaliber_gaming_mechlite_mechanical.html) it claims to come equipped with Cherry MX Brown switches in SIX different spots on the page and is a very large part of the marketing.

The keyboard was just delivered to me today... And After removing a keycap I have discovered the board actually comes equipped with the inferior Outemo switches. To be honest, I'm a little pissed. I'm trying to get a hold of customer service, but their limited hours of availability (especially considering they're on the east coast, while I'm on the west) has made it difficult to reach someone.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal... But when comparing the Outemo browns to the Cherry MX browns on my Quickfire Rapid... The Outemo's suck ass. The Outemo's are stiffer, less consistent, noisier, have less of a bump, and the actuation feels lower than my Cherry's.

Just thought I'd give people a heads up before they purchased this with the mistaken belief that it comes with Cherry MX switches.

Last edited:
yup that's on b&h, mislabeling and misquoting.

iogear says: "The MECHLITE is available with your choice of blue, brown or red type mechanical switches so you can choose the keyboard feel that best fits with your play style and typing preference."

"type" is the key word there, as in knock-offs. iogear is straight about it, b&h mislabeled it with "cherry" and misquote/label here :"The Kaliber Gaming MECHLITE Mechanical Keyboard from IOGEAR features Cherry MX Brown switches"

and by including this bit:

"Cherry MX Brown
Mechanical keyboards utilize a different type of key switch technology for a more durable and unique typing experience. The Cherry MX Brown switch has an actuation force of 45g and offers a small tactile bump when pressed, letting you know that the key has registered. This can be useful for typing or preparing for a movement while gaming. Unlike Cherry MX Blue switches, these do not have an audible "click" mechanism, allowing for a quieter operation. Noise generated from this keyboard will be from the key either springing back into place or "bottoming out" – making contact with the back plate after a particularly hard press. "

so only one thing to do...
fuck someones bro!
or send it back on their dime.

yup that's on b&h, mislabeling and misquoting.

iogear says: "The MECHLITE is available with your choice of blue, brown or red type mechanical switches so you can choose the keyboard feel that best fits with your play style and typing preference."

"type" is the key word there, as in knock-offs. iogear is straight about it, b&h mislabeled it with "cherry" and misquote/label here :"The Kaliber Gaming MECHLITE Mechanical Keyboard from IOGEAR features Cherry MX Brown switches"

and by including this bit:

"Cherry MX Brown
Mechanical keyboards utilize a different type of key switch technology for a more durable and unique typing experience. The Cherry MX Brown switch has an actuation force of 45g and offers a small tactile bump when pressed, letting you know that the key has registered. This can be useful for typing or preparing for a movement while gaming. Unlike Cherry MX Blue switches, these do not have an audible "click" mechanism, allowing for a quieter operation. Noise generated from this keyboard will be from the key either springing back into place or "bottoming out" – making contact with the back plate after a particularly hard press. "

so only one thing to do...
fuck someones bro!
or send it back on their dime.

I'll definitely be fucking their brother... Or getting a refund. Whichever.

The keyboard was just delivered to me today... And After removing a keycap I have discovered the board actually comes equipped with the inferior Outemo switches. To be honest, I'm a little pissed. I'm trying to get a hold of customer service, but their limited hours of availability (especially considering they're on the east coast, while I'm on the west) has made it difficult to reach someone.

We are very sorry for any error or inaccuracy on our site. I have already asked our site content team to check this. You can reach customer service via 800.221.5743 or [email protected]. Please include the original B&H order number.

We are very sorry for any error or inaccuracy on our site. I have already asked our site content team to check this. You can reach customer service via 800.221.5743 or [email protected]. Please include the original B&H order number.
if youre an official b&h rep, you should let kyle know youre here and he'll make it official here.

if youre an official b&h rep, you should let kyle know youre here and he'll make it official here.
I am and I'd be happy to tell Kyle. Can you help with his contact info? TIA

Thanks for replying to this. :)

I just underwent a surgery, so I'm a bit out of it so I'll send them an e-mail tonight/tomorrow.

I noticed the page has now been updated, but it now says the board comes with Kailh switches. The board I received most definitely came equipped with Outemo switches and not the Kailh switches.

Glad to see B&H here making things right and the product page is already fixed. I've ordered quite a bit from there, no problems so far.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Glad to see B&H here making things right and the product page is already fixed. I've ordered quite a bit from there, no problems so far.
I haven't needed to order anything from B&H in a while, but I've always had good luck in the past. Definitely my "go-to" place for camera / lighting equipment.

Ever visit their NY store? It's like the most magical place ever. And the employees are enthusiasts and really know their stuff. Always had good experiences with B&H support.

They'll take care of you. B&H is my total jam when it comes to solid deals.

Yea, they offered me a refund and a $10 gift card and they fixed their pages right away. I was in pain and a bit irritable when I first posted this, so I think I was a bit harsh with the thread title. Seems like it was an honest mistake.

Had good experiences with B&H ordering from across the world.

Yea, they offered me a refund and a $10 gift card and they fixed their pages right away. I was in pain and a bit irritable when I first posted this, so I think I was a bit harsh with the thread title. Seems like it was an honest mistake.
glad everything worked out for you. titles not harsh, telling the truth hurts sometimes.. ;) either way B&H is one of those few sites left that actually care about doing the right thing.

Back