• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

fallout2 vista

apple2gs

Mr. No-Photon
Joined
Aug 21, 2004
Messages
3,962
I am thinking about reinstalling fallout2. Before I did threw my old boxes full of cd jewel cases.
Will fallout2 work in vista.
 
I've got it working just fine, but I bought the Gog.com version. I'm not sure if vanilla fallout 2 will work, but I'm having no issues on Vista Ultimate x64. Just finished a play through, in fact.
 
It runs fine on Vista, the only thing I can't get Vista to run is my waffle iron.
 
Fallout 3 however, does not. That means I'm sticking to Fallout 2 for a bit longer :).
Hopefully Bethdesa can patch their way out of this one!
 
That's odd, I haven't had one crash in Fallout 3 so far and I've logged over 12 hours at least. Running Vista Ultimate 64. The only problem I've had so far is NPCs disappearing and then having to bring them back to Megaton.
 
Apparently just my machine. There's a limited group having some crashing to desktop issues with Fallout 3. They seem to be sound related, theres a thread in games about it.
 
try deleting your fallout.ini (documents\my games\fallout 3) which should force Fallout 3 to create a new one. I had a similar problem out of the blue, for no apparent reason, and replacing my ini file made it work again.
 
Apparently just my machine. There's a limited group having some crashing to desktop issues with Fallout 3. They seem to be sound related, theres a thread in games about it.

I'm having problems with FO3 and Vista x64 (steam version). I've done a few things to try and make it better and I've gotten it to go longer without crashing. I updated to the newest nvidia beta drivers (8800 gtx), set 3d settings to "use my settings" and put it on performance rather than quality, turned on vsync (hated this, but it helped a lot) and turned off aa/af. I'm running 1920x1200 with just about everything turned way up and it's been running really well so far. I've had it crash twice since in a few hours of gameplay.

I might try messing with audio settings to see if they help. Thanks for mentioning that.
 
No problems here with the Steam version of F3 on Vista X64. In fact, not only do I have it on Ultra, I've gone through the config, and hacked things up a bit more. I did cause it to crash by changing one setting, but when I changed it back to a reasonable value :D it worked fine.

As far as F2 goes, I'll be trying that soon as well, and could make a post when I do.
 
I have tried everything mentioned in almost all forums to get Fallout 3 (Steam version)to run on my gaming laptop (P7811FX Gateway).It uses Vista Home Premium 64 bit. This laptop can run Crysis on relatively high settings with no problem. All drivers are updated and when I try to launch the game nothing happens. I check my processes to see the Fallout Launcher using 50% to 85% processor power. I left it like that for an hour and it never loaded. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game 5 times to no avail. I am lost, anyone have this problem or a solution?
 
Back
Top