Fallout New Vegas Xbox 360 - Best Buy $9.99

bink

[H]ard|Gawd
just went to best buy and saw that they had fallout new vegas for 10 bucks. when i got home i noticed it has there free dlc content in it....mercenary pack or something. i didnt check if it was the same for ps3 or pc!

Same price for PC and PS3 btw

This is also a steamworks title so it will register to your steam account.

Good thing you can get it for the pc. I would never play this on a console because... I wouldn't have access to the in game console. Seriously, I couldn't have gotten through new vegas or fallout 3 without the console to fix all of the stupid glitches.

Anyone know if there is a way to move Xbox saves to a PC and play off them?

I severely doubt that there is a way. I've never heard of being able to do that for any game, ever.

I beat the game on pc just fine without the console

Same here, though an in-game console doesn't hurt at all either. I believe there was one bug I encountered for one of the side-quests that wouldn't let me finish it, but that was about it.

I actually stopped myself from picking this one up, already playing it for PC, starting again for a good deal doesn't sound like fun :)

This deal is good for the PC verson too I picked up the last copy my best buy had!

Ditto...got the last PC copy at one of our 2 stores in my city.

Will the other versions also register for Steamworks, so I could get the PS3 version and register it for PC?

on another note...the Mercenary Pack DLC on my xbox 360 wont register. Says its invalid....im not to worried about it but it kind of sucks.

Same price for PC and PS3 btw

This is also a steamworks title so it will register to your steam account.

Sorry for the question, as I am new to Steam....if I register this game (PC) on Steamworks, can I play it without Steam anymore? Or is it forever tied to Steam?

If game is Steamworks, registering with Steam and linking it to your account isn't optional. And yes the game is forever tied to that one account.

Too bad this isn't available up here in Canada.

If game is Steamworks, registering with Steam and linking it to your account isn't optional. And yes the game is forever tied to that one account.

Too bad this isn't available up here in Canada.

So if I buy the retail version of this from Best Buy (which I have already done), and then I register it on Steam, then it is forever tied to that account and can't be used without Steam again?

Yes it becomes tied to that account, and you need to run it with Steam. I'm not too sure how Steam offline mode works currently or how well it does, since I haven't ever used it in quite awhile.

There are of course technically ways to bypass this (like any DRM system), but that is a different matter all together :p

So if I buy the retail version of this from Best Buy (which I have already done), and then I register it on Steam, then it is forever tied to that account and can't be used without Steam again?

I'm pretty sure you can launch the game without Steam. Just find the exe in the Steam folder and launch from there.

I don't have the game so I'm not 100% sure.

I'm pretty sure you can launch the game without Steam. Just find the exe in the Steam folder and launch from there.

I don't have the game so I'm not 100% sure.

That doesn't work. It will launch through Steam no matter which executable you click.

Sorry for the question, as I am new to Steam....if I register this game (PC) on Steamworks, can I play it without Steam anymore? Or is it forever tied to Steam?

My friend we are all tied to Steam for the foreseeable future; digital sales now account for something like half of all PC sales. PC gaming would be utterly dead if not for Steam so you've got to get used to the service. ;)

Thanks OP. Two days earlier, I had just bought New Vegas used from Gamesnot for $17.99. Saw this thread, returned it, went to the local Best Buy in Pasadena and they had 6 copies on the shelf.

Back