Fallout 4 S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Video Series - Endurance

I may actually have to play this damn game. Seeing I don't have HL3 yet. :mad:

I really enjoy these shorts, I think they do a good job of capturing the tone of Fallout.

They're doing a real good job trying to sell me this game.

I might just have to give them the full retail price.

Dammit Bethesda!

You'll be playing Fallout 5 probably before you see HL3 :cool:

You got it! Gabe probably does not even care about the Half Life series anymore.

On the downside, I cringe at what bugs migt be in the game at launch as Bethesda games are infamous for that.

You got it! Gabe probably does not even care about the Half Life series anymore.

On the downside, I cringe at what bugs migt be in the game at launch as Bethesda games are infamous for that.

When I hear about bethesda bugs I am reminded of daggerfall and skynet as my worst moments experiencing that.

Actually, they already said they aren't making any more half life games. HL2:EP2 was the last one ever. So no, they don't care about the series anymore if you want to look at it that way. Although what they gave as a reason is that there is so much hype for a game that hasn't been created yet they know they can never live up to what the fans expect. So people will be disappointed no matter what they release as they have been demanding HL3 for so long. Look at something like Duke Nukem Forever. Game took a long time to come out, fans really wanted the game. And in the end everyone said the game sucked because it didn't live up to some dream they had. Valve doesn't want to be in a similar position where they make a game only to have people turn around and complain about it, so they are just not even going to bother to try to make the game.

Actually, they already said they aren't making any more half life games. HL2:EP2 was the last one ever. So no, they don't care about the series anymore if you want to look at it that way. Although what they gave as a reason is that there is so much hype for a game that hasn't been created yet they know they can never live up to what the fans expect. So people will be disappointed no matter what they release as they have been demanding HL3 for so long. Look at something like Duke Nukem Forever. Game took a long time to come out, fans really wanted the game. And in the end everyone said the game sucked because it didn't live up to some dream they had. Valve doesn't want to be in a similar position where they make a game only to have people turn around and complain about it, so they are just not even going to bother to try to make the game.

Have you played Duke Nukem Forever? The game is terrible. As in, there is next to nothing good about it.

That sounds like a cop out ... I am not one of the folks dying for HL3 but they could release a competent product (if they wanted) ... there are lots of good shooters and they only need to be as good as their competition to make money (being arbitrarily better than everyone or hypothetical expectations is impossible but money is money) ... they have seen Far Cry and pending shooters like Doom 4 ... they know what the big open world survival and RPG shooters have done ... they could build a product to compete, if they wanted ... I suspect they are just happy doing other projects (but they don't want to justify it that way) :cool:

Have you played Duke Nukem Forever? The game is terrible. As in, there is next to nothing good about it.

After looking again I guess it was Mass Effect 3 that they used as am example for the failed game that everyone hated.

Back