Fallout 3 PC patch claiming release later today

what's the thing with windows live? When I click it on the menu it comes up with a 360ish menu but I can only press B.

what's the thing with windows live? When I click it on the menu it comes up with a 360ish menu but I can only press B.

it lets you get achievement points on your gamertag for 360. I liked the feature when i played it on pc. The achievements are mostly related to the main quest, the main side quest, and some other things. So when i beat the game i got all the achievements for the side quest first, karma, behemeths, kills, lockpicking, ect. Then finished the game. I found it was a good way to play the game so I wouldn't miss out on stuff if i rushed through the game.

You can click on the B as well. Anyway they kept the ugly 360 look when they created GfWL. They're supposed to be updating GfWL this year I believe, but I dunno.

I've played for ~ 6 hours straight today and it never crashed on me :) It stutters like hell though, as soon as the fps dip below 60 it stutters like mad. They never drop below 40 still it lags :/

I'm 20 hours into the game now, and it crashed on me quite a few times already in that time.

It is the same here regarding the stutters, however. :(

It runs great for the most part at a steady 50-60 FPS (high settings, 4x/8x AA/AF, and maxed out draw distance), but at some points it starts stuttering horribly for some reason, especially near Rivet City and inside, mainly the market. I've noticed it also happens at the house in Megaton (not as bad as Rivet City though), including other places. Like you, the framerate is always above 40. It happens in both enclosed and open spaces, even if I'm just looking at a wall.
I've had a similar problem with Assassin's Creed and COD4, albeit much worse, but that was solved by setting the Maximum Pre-rendered Frames to 1 (from the default 3) in the Nvidia CP for AC. For COD4, enabling SLI in the game was the solution, but it still didn't go away completely.
Unfortunately, none of that worked for this one.
Turning Vsync off didn't help, either.

Running on a decently overclocked 8800GT.

Great game, regardless. Time flies when playing. :)

The game never crashed on me... As soon I install the patch, the one who supposedly is going to fix all the crashing, the game crashes three times. Oh the irony :rolleyes:

Back