Falcon Northwest in trouble?

’m‚³‚ñ

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jun 20, 2003
Messages
7,300
My friend, local in Southern Oregon, was Falcon Northwest's ONLY desktop builder. They fired him yesterday (thursday) for some BS that I won't get into. He told me that Falcon wasn't selling very well anyway recently, and now that they don't actually have a Desktop builder, what's going to happen? I was interviewed for a position there as well, and they didn't hire me (or the other person they interviewed), so what are they gonna do? Doesn't make sense to me...
 
’m‚³‚ñ said:
My friend, local in Southern Oregon, was Falcon Northwest's ONLY desktop builder. They fired him yesterday (thursday) for some BS that I won't get into. He told me that Falcon wasn't selling very well anyway recently, and now that they don't actually have a Desktop builder, what's going to happen? I was interviewed for a position there as well, and they didn't hire me (or the other person they interviewed), so what are they gonna do? Doesn't make sense to me...

What was the BS? Maybe that has clues as to why they fired their desktop builder.
 
robberbaron said:
What was the BS? Maybe that has clues as to why they fired their desktop builder.

Well, alright. Due to reasons beyond his control, he wasn't able to show up at work on time today (his car wouldn't start, or run). He called in before his shift started to let the managers know why he wasn't on time. After he did get in, they asked him to do something for them, at which point they terminated him.

The funny thing is: They originally hired him to work in the shipping department, and then switched him over to do building, which means they basically said they fired him for doing a job which he wasn't hired to do in the first place.
 
’m‚³‚ñ said:
Well, alright. Due to reasons beyond his control, he wasn't able to show up at work on time today (his car wouldn't start, or run). He called in before his shift started to let the managers know why he wasn't on time. After he did get in, they asked him to do something for them, at which point they terminated him.

The funny thing is: They originally hired him to work in the shipping department, and then switched him over to do building, which means they basically said they fired him for doing a job which he wasn't hired to do in the first place.


People get promoted all the time....lol. If someone started working at a company in the mail room and eventually worked his way up to the top, then got fired you wouldn't say "Well I was only hired to sort the mail so I was fired for something that wasn't part of my job in the first place!"

About FalconNW, it wouldn't surprise me if they are having difficulty, and if they might fold. I always wondered how these boutique places ever sold anything at their outrageous prices.
 
Erasmus354 said:
... About FalconNW, it wouldn't surprise me if they are having difficulty, and if they might fold. I always wondered how these boutique places ever sold anything at their outrageous prices.
Agreed. I'm amazed they've been able to stay in business as long as they have.
 
They will focus on their "exotic painted comp. case" and fold their super computer builder business ;)
 
Erasmus354 said:
People get promoted all the time....lol. If someone started working at a company in the mail room and eventually worked his way up to the top, then got fired you wouldn't say "Well I was only hired to sort the mail so I was fired for something that wasn't part of my job in the first place!"

About FalconNW, it wouldn't surprise me if they are having difficulty, and if they might fold. I always wondered how these boutique places ever sold anything at their outrageous prices.

Hehe, basically, they trained him for 1 day in shipping, then they transferred him to building, then transferred him back before he had a chance to learn anything in either, he worked shipping for a while, the last of the previous builders quit, then they stuck my friend in building. Basically, they never really fully trained him, as far as I can tell.
 
they're just another one of those companies, where you buy a PC that costs as much money to build two good ones yourself. Just like Alienware.

Oh well, at least I would have never ordered from Falcon NW before.
 
Kaiga said:
they're just another one of those companies, where you buy a PC that costs as much money to build two good ones yourself. Just like Alienware.

Oh well, at least I would have never ordered from Falcon NW before.

The appeal wasn't in what you were buying, but how it looked. A $14,000 paintjob isn't something everyone can do in their free time.

But yeah, I don't know what to thinka bout the company right now...
 
Back
Top